Day 100

  • sassykteacher
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2009
      It is hard to believe but at our school Day 100 is just around the
      corner. This year we are going to make a trail mix type snack. Any
      ideas of what kinds of snacks anyone out there puts in their "snack".

      Appreciate the help!

      Teresa
    • Renee Berg
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2009
        Hell Teresa
        If you could make a trail mix with 100 kinds of ingredients.. different kinds of pretzels, m & m's, different dried fruits, granola clusters, (if there is no sensitivity) different kinds of nuts, check out every trail mix recipe you can find & put them all together.  Perhaps parents can bring in some of the ingredients.
        Or have each baggie contain 100 items...although I recommend capping the quantity of m & m's to no more than 20.  In that way each child can count to 100 & make their own customized trail mix.  Individuality is very good for building self esteem. I strongly recommend lowering the ratio by inviting parent volunteers, so each child will be recognized for achieving the 100 count.
        I wish the very best to all in the Practical Kindergarten chat group & an awesome 2009.  In the deepest part of my heart I know that 2009 will be the start of great times for our country & the world.
        Warmly
        Renée Berg

      • calikteacher@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2009
          Renee,

          Thank you so much for you help...I am really looking forward to our Day 100.

          Cheers,

          Teresa

          To: practicalkindergarten@yahoogroups.com