How have you...

  • practicalkindergarten
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2009
      been able to use theories, lessons, or activities from the educator's classroom and use it in another context besides an early childhood development classroom?

      Recently I was able to use something I learned in Renee's classroom (I was visiting to share about her book and this yahoo group) They were learning about Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow%27s_hierarchy_of_needs for more information) I was able to used that to understand myself better and also to explain to another friend some good reasons that she was having trouble in a current situation.

      This theory was very interesting to me, recognizing the missing pieces upon which the next level is based. Without those needs being met appropriately, it is no wonder that I have insecurities. Understanding for me is always the 'key' to making changes. With this information I can find ways to consciously meet those needs today, forming a stronger foundation to build the next level upon.

      I would love to hear other extrapolations of these or similar ideas in your life.

      Have a great evening,

      I am off to play at a Renaissance Faire in Ojai tomorrow, I hope you all have as much fun this weekend!

      Krystal