SB-related Job Opening(s)

  • Chris Green
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 11, 2013
      I spotted this on Facebook, posted there by

      Simple Construct: straw bale & clay plaster
      and thought I should pass it on in case anyone is interested: Solarwise is hiring.

      Their post in full:

      - Help Wanted -

      Individuals with natural building skills, jack
      of all trades, lead carpenters, and labors wanted to join our hard
      working team. We are looking for
      passionate people who have a strong work ethic and can be flexible to
      travel and work in remote areas of Colorado and beyond. Reliable
      transportation, basic tools and a desire to work on unique buildings are a must. Wage determined by experience. If you are interested, please
      send resumes to employment@...

      Solarwise -
      Natural Building & Design and Natural Dwelling have teamed up to
      take on a variety of natural building projects. A few of the projects
      we have consist of a straw bale home we are building outside of
      Monticello, Utah (50 miles south of Moab) and a straw bale cabin in
      Buena Vista, Colorado.
      Please note that successful employment
      requires an acceptance of the lifestyle associated with this type of
      work. Most of our projects are located in rural locations. Staying at
      or near the job site is often required. Housing is occasional offered,
      but camping is more common. Work schedules are not always consistent
      with a Monday through Friday work flow. We are a professional, full
      scale design/build company and we wear many hats. Basically we do it
      all, from foundation to finish plaster. All employees must be open to
      learning new skills and techniques.

      The passion we have for
      natural building is in part from the enjoyment of the process, the
      materials we use, the satisfaction of a job well done, bust most
      importantly, from the people we work with. If you feel this is the type
      of work that resonates with you, then let us know how you can
      contribute to our team. We look forward to hearing from you.
      For more information about Solarwise - Natural Building & Design check out our web site. www.solarwisellc.com

      End of quote.

      Good luck if you apply. :-)

      Chris Green.

    • <ben@...>
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2013
        Hi all,

        Speaking of job postings, we have several of our own should any Ontario
        viewers (or colleagues of) have interest. Please feel free to circulate
        widely.

        Full time/permanent:

        http://evolvebuilders.ca/about-us/1039-2/

        and seasonal:

        http://harvesthomes.ca/about/employment/

        Cheers,

        Ben

        I spotted this on Facebook, posted there by

        Simple Construct: straw bale & clay plaster
        and thought I should pass it on in case anyone is interested: Solarwise is
        hiring.

        Their post in full:

        - Help Wanted -

        Individuals with natural building skills, jack
        of all trades, lead carpenters, and labors wanted to join our hard
        working team. We are looking for
        passionate people who have a strong work ethic and can be flexible to
        travel and work in remote areas of Colorado and beyond. Reliable
        transportation, basic tools and a desire to work on unique buildings are a
        must. Wage determined by experience. If you are interested, please
        send resumes to employment@...
        <mailto:employment%40solarwisellc.com>

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 17, 2013
          Thanks, Ben. I'll pass along the information.

          Cheers,

          Chris Green.