Pre-fab straw bale panels used in Lithuania

  • Chris Green
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2013
      There's some nice straw bale eye candy in the gallery of this Lithuanian company.
      http://www.ecococon.lt/en/straw-houses/gallery/

      Ecococon  has an interesting approach to pre-fab straw bale panels. I hadn't seen 3', bale-length panels before.

      And there are some subtle touches in their finishing work, as well: see photo 15 in the Pievos gallery. The left hand bottom side of the wall seems to have a little curved kickout to deflect water away from the foundation.

      Photos 7, 8, and 9 in the same gallery show what I'd call straw bale insulated trussed headers (for lack of a better term) above the windows and other  large openings. (Personally, I'd put some cripples under the headers to carry the load a bit better).

      I came across this at the NaturalHomes.org  facebook page titled Talking Natural Homes.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/naturalhomes/

      A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

      Cheers,

      Chris Green.