Re: Ontario Straw Bale Building Coalition Annual General Meeting & Workshops

  • simonefionamaurice
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2012
      Hello,

      I am inquiring as to whether there are notes available from the various presenters. I am particularly interested in the presentation from Tina Therrien on Timber Frame Construction Details and Chris Magwood on building rating systems. I'm not a person of means and unable to afford the travel and accommodation costs to conferences so far away from where I live in NW ON. I'm building a timber frame strawbale home and looking for construction details on using a strawbale enclosure system as they apply to timber frames.I'm an experienced timber framer and have plenty of resources on this subject but when it comes to books, articles, reports, studies etc... on strawbale enclosures and the construction details there is very little useful information available. I do not wish to sound demeaning to the various authors out there who have professed to have published timber frame books on the topic of strawbale and plaster finishes (again ~ as it applies to Timber Frames)but in reality they are nothing more than coffee table books to promote this type of construction and themselves as designers and builders but offer zero helpful information on the necessary details that a timber framer requires in using a strawbale enclosure and plaster finishes (render). Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

      Cheers,

      Maruice
      Kaminisitquia, ON