upcoming strawbale workshop

  • ryanv3120
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2011
      Hi All,
      A reminder that I will be hosting Andrew Morrison (Strawbale.com) for a 7 day strawbale and plaster workshop May 16-22.

      We will be baling my 1,200 sq.ft. timber frame workshop. As usual for me, this project is an effort in scrounging. The 10 000 bd ft of wood was salvaged, the rubble trench foundation uses local recycled concrete, the earthen floors will be built from the site excavation work, the straw is from a local farmer, and the windows (18 @ 30x69)are from a rejected order at the local manufacturer.

      This workshop will be completely hands-on and you'll get to be involved in all aspects of the building process from building the toe-ups to applying the first coat of plaster and everything in between.

      Please check the following link for more details:
      http://www.strawbaleworkshops.com/2011-workshops/ontario/

      Ryan