Re: [practical-sbc] polypropolene fibres for lime cement plaster

  • Chris Green
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2010
      The fibres should be available from the place you're getting the portland cement from. If not, check the yellow pages for businesses which sell masory supplies. The hard way to get the fibres would be to chop up old rope. A p.i.t.a, i'd say, if you're racing the calender. Cheers, chris green

      On Thu Sep 30th, 2010 9:49 AM EDT anne_nonomus wrote:

      >Does anyone know where I can purchase polypropolene fibres for adding to lime cement plaster? I'm near bracebridge, and would prefer something no further south of Barrie, just due to time constraints to get the stuff, need to plaster next week.
      >
      >thanks

    • tina therrien
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2010
        Try Atlas Block (they carry the High Bond as well)...they've got
        stores in Orillia, Bracebridge and Midland. Good luck! Looks like
        you'll get your plastering done before the deep freeze!

        tina

        On 1-Oct-10, at 8:55 PM, Chris Green wrote:

        > The fibres should be available from the place you're getting the
        > portland cement from. If not, check the yellow pages for businesses
        > which sell masory supplies. The hard way to get the fibres would be
        > to chop up old rope. A p.i.t.a, i'd say, if you're racing the
        > calender. Cheers, chris green
        >
        > On Thu Sep 30th, 2010 9:49 AM EDT anne_nonomus wrote:
        >
        > >Does anyone know where I can purchase polypropolene fibres for
        > adding to lime cement plaster? I'm near bracebridge, and would
        > prefer something no further south of Barrie, just due to time
        > constraints to get the stuff, need to plaster next week.
        > >
        > >thanks

        Camel's Back Construction
        Quality, handcrafted homes
        www.strawhomes.ca