Crop Rotations, Eco-Renovations and Pastured Poultry

  • lynn at everdale
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2008
      The Ecological Farmers Association of Ontario and Everdale presents
      Vegetable Garden Crop Rotation
      FEE: $85 - $65 for EFAO members and Farmers Growing Farmers

      September 28th: with Anne Slater who makes a living farming a two
      acre market garden. Learn how to use crop rotation to condition and
      enhance your growing ability in an intensive or small market garden
      situation. This workshop can be applied to community gardens, large
      personal veg gardens and mixed vegetable CSA farms.
      __________________________

      Eco-renovations FEE $85

      October 4: with Joshua Abush P.Eng, a renovator and certified energy
      advisor with a
      master's of engineering in greenbuilding and building science.
      Reduce the ecological impact of your home renovation by balancing
      energy efficiency, low impact materials selection, building
      techniques, and timeless design.

      ____________________________________

      The Ecological Farmers Association of Ontario and Everdale presents
      Pastured Poultry
      FEE: $85 - $65 for EFAO members and Farmers Growing Farmers

      October 18: with Ruth Knight, who has successfully raised pastered
      poultry at her farm in Clifford, Ontario for over 7 years.This
      workshop will offer an overview of different pastured poultry
      techniques from feeding, housing, fencing, watering, and predator
      protection. You will also learn about the current rules and
      regulations regarding pastured poultry and how to stay current on
      those issues.

      For more info go to:
      <http://www.everdale.org/node/21>www.everdale.org/workshops

      REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
      All our workshops include Refreshments. Please bring your own lunch.
      All our workshops are from 10 am- 4 pm. unless indicated otherwise.
      All of our FEE's include GST.

      You can register online with PAYPAL at
      <http://www.everdale.org/index.php?module=Everdale&func=displayMenu&menuId=2>www.everdale.org/workshops
      or send a slip of paper with your name and contact info. Make your
      cheque payable to Everdale Learning Centre for the full amount of the
      workshop, (GST is included in our price) and post-date the cheque for
      one week prior to the date of the workshop.

      Mail to: Workshops at Everdale, P.O. Box 29, Hillsburgh, Ontario, N0B 1Z0.
      (519) 855-4859, www.everdale.org, info@...

      Our workshops are interactive and hands-on because we believe that
      people learn by doing. The instructors are expert in their fields
      and have a real interest in sharing the knowledge that they have
      gained through experience.

      Fees. Everdale is a non-profit organization and we try to price our
      workshops so that they are affordable: both for you (to attend) and
      for us (to continue to offer in the future). However, what is
      "affordable" depends on your bank balance. If you want to attend a
      workshop but you can't afford the fee then contact us and we'll do
      our best to find a way to offer you a discount.

      Mailing List. If you would like to be kept informed about workshops
      and other educational programs at Everdale then it's easy to get on
      our mailing list. Just email us your contact info (name, address,
      phone number, email).

      Cancellations: For one-day or half-day workshops your fee is 100%
      refundable up until one week before the workshop. No refunds after
      this date. For weekend workshops $50 of your fee is non-refundable.
      If a workshop is cancelled then we will notify all registrants and a
      full refund will be issued.

      Location. Everdale is a fifty acre property located in southern
      Ontario near Hillsburgh. We are about a thirty minute drive from
      Guelph and Brampton, and one hour from Toronto.

      There are no dogs allowed at Everdale. Please leave your pets at home.

      Bee Aware: Everdale produces its own honey and has several hives on site.

      DIRECTIONS:
      FROM TORONTO: 401 west to Trafalgar Road. North on Trafalgar for
      12.7 kms to traffic lights at Highway #7. West on #7 for 3.2 kms.
      then take turn-off onto Trafalgar Road North again. Follow Trafalgar
      North for 16.6 kms to Hillsburgh. Just as you enter Hillsburgh turn
      west (left) on Wellington Road #22 and drive 1.3 kms. and turn north
      (right) onto 6th Line Erin Township (gravel road). Everdale is the
      first laneway on the left (#5812). 65 minutes.

      FROM GUELPH: From Downtown. Take Eramosa Road east out of Guelph
      until it becomes Highway #124. Follow #124 all the way to the small
      village of Brisbane (about 24 km. From dowtown Guelph). Turn north
      (left) at the traffic lights in Brisbane and proceed 8 km. to
      Hillsburgh. Just as you enter Hillsburgh turn west (left) on
      WellingtoN Road #22 and follow it for 1.3 kms. Then turn north
      (right) onto 6th Line Erin Township (gravel road). Everdale is the
      first laneway on the left (#5812). 35 minutes.

      EVERDALE
      P.O. Box 29, Hillsburgh, Ontario, Canada N0B 1Z0
      Tel. 519-855-4859 Fax. 519-855-6531
      www.everdale.org
      "Hands-on Learning for Sustainable Living"