Earthen Floor workshop-Sat. August 9th!

  • lynn at everdale
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2 7:24 AM
      Everdale's up coming workshops

      We still have some space in these upcoming workshops. If you are
      interested in attending any of these workshops, please visit our
      website at www.everdale.org.

      How to Build an Earthen Floor: A Hands-On Workshop
      With Tom Wolf, Earthship builder
      Saturday August 9

      Fashioned from sand, clay, fiber and natural binders earthen floors
      can resemble stone, brick or tile. While clearly complimentary to
      other forms of alternative construction, such as straw bale, an
      earthen floor can equally be considered for otherwise conventional
      homes and is ideally suited for installation over radiant heating
      systems.

      In this exciting workshop you will learn the ingredients, tests for
      local soil appropriateness, and the tools required, and discuss
      methods for adding colour, finishes, care and maintenance. A day of
      hands-on learning and play suitable for all ages and experience
      levels.

      Plastering and Finishes (Earthen)
      With Tom Wolf, Earthship builder
      Saturday August 23

      Earthen plasters are a healthy, non-toxic, and inexpensive way to
      create plastered finishes that are ideal for natural building or
      renovations. Learn how to use local soils and fibres to create
      beautiful and durable earthen plasters for straw bale walls, or for
      any other plastered interior or exterior surface. Learn how to sample
      soils, create test patches, and mix for base, second and finish coats.

      Make your own Biodiesel!
      With <http://www.nonprofitfuel.ca/>Joe Street, biodiesel producer,
      user and DIY reactor designer
      Saturday, September 13

      Learn the finer details of Biodiesel production. Learn how to test
      for good quality waste vegetable oil and see how a batch of biodiesel
      is produced from beginning to end in our homemade biodiesel reactor.
      A "how to" guide will be available.

      For dates, cost, and other details please visit
      <http://www.everdale.org/>www.everdale.org

      Regards,

      Joseph Steyr
      info@...