New Mexico

  • Mary
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2008
      Hi Everyone,
      I'm new and not sure if I'm going to go the straw bale route or not. I
      would like to however I am unable to do the work myself and it seems
      all the resources are geared towards the DIY crowd. Does anyone know
      of any contractor in NM or thereabouts who can build me a small 900-
      100 sq ft house? Pref. ABQ.

      Just looking for options at this point.

      Mary
    • billc
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 24, 2008
        At 11:02 PM +0000 3/28/08, Mary wrote:
        >Hi Everyone,
        >I'm new and not sure if I'm going to go the straw bale route or not. I
        >would like to however I am unable to do the work myself and it seems
        >all the resources are geared towards the DIY crowd. Does anyone know
        >of any contractor in NM or thereabouts who can build me a small 900-
        >100 sq ft house? Pref. ABQ.
        >
        >Just looking for options at this point.

        Hi Mary,

        Sorry for the late reply; I haven't been keeping up with all my list
        reading lately.

        Your best bets to find contractors are either the Human Resource List
        at The Last Straw Journal (http://www.thelaststraw.org/directory/) or
        our Green Building Professionals Directory
        (http://directory.greenbuilder.com).

        Just search on "metro area =Albuquerque" in either one.

        Best of luck!
        --
        Bill Christensen
        billc@...

      • Kelly Robison
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 25, 2008
          There is a company in Bayfield that does strawbale construction. I don't know their name, but will check. So, there are options if you're not interested in DIY.

          Kelly Robison

          ps. I just got my permit to do a strawbale in La Plata County. The county building commission requires that the submitted plans be either stamped by a structural engineer or done by an architect. I'm assuming the same is true of New Mexico.