building officials package

  • marcmarieeve
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2005
      Hi there,

      We submitted our building permit last week to a building official who
      is getting more and more non-standard houses. He is not very familiar
      with strawbale and is interested in getting more informed :)
      I seem to remember there being a package available from OSBBC intended
      to the building officials. How would I be able to get a copy?

      thank you,

      Marie-Eve
    • Hank Carr
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2005
        Marie-Eve,

        Sure thing. The price for members is $5 for the package. We'll get one out
        to you right away and you can owe us the $5.

        If you would like, I would be happy to call your BO on behalf of the OSBBC
        to introduce myself and the OSBBC so that he knows who to contact if he has
        any questions.

        Can you tell us a little bit about the building you are planning to build?

        Hank.

        We submitted our building permit last week to a building official who
        is getting more and more non-standard houses. He is not very familiar
        with strawbale and is interested in getting more informed :)
        I seem to remember there being a package available from OSBBC intended
        to the building officials. How would I be able to get a copy?

        thank you,

        Marie-Eve

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • woldgood9
        Message 3 of 5 , May 4, 2005
          > If you would like, I would be happy to call your BO on behalf of the
          OSBBC

          Sic em! Hank!!
          ;-)
          Kent
          rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated...
        • Hank Carr
          Message 4 of 5 , May 6, 2005
            >> If you would like, I would be happy to call your BO on behalf of the
            >> OSBBC

            > Sic em! Hank!!

            Hehehe. Nothing like that. We just give them a call, introduce ourselves
            and the OSBBC, and tell them that they can call one of us if they have any
            questions. Ben Polley and I both made calls to building officials late last
            year and had positive results in both cases. My call was to a building
            officials near Orillia for OSBBC Members Liza and Scott. He was concerned
            about vapour barrier and code compliance. I told him we don't do vapour
            barrier and why and sent him a copy of the BIP (the Building Inspectors
            Package.) I'm not sure what the issue was with the call that Ben made.
            Ben?

            > rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated...

            Sorry. That was me.

            Hank.
          • woldgood9
            Message 5 of 5 , May 6, 2005
              > Hehehe. Nothing like that. We just give them a call, introduce
              ourselves
              > and the OSBBC, and tell them that they can call one of us if they
              have any
              > questions.

              Good strategy.. no wonder OSBBC is growing and Ontario seems to have
              the highest concentration of SB building in this hemisphere... I think
              Mongolia/China would be the only place with more and where the numbers
              are growing more quickly.. and they don't have the building inspectors
              to deal with! More on Mongolia as my time to be involved grows..

              > > rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated...
              >
              > Sorry. That was me.
              >
              > Hank.
              ;-)... LOL.. I am here alive and well.. and maybe moving that
              direction in the future..should things work out that is.. and that is
              the current pattern so... probably in a year or so.. this Illini may
              be an Ontarian.. unofficially of course..