2897Re: Masonry Heater with oven and Cook Stove Workshop Oct. 26-31 or Oct 28-31, 2012

  • simonefionamaurice
    Nov 3, 2012
      I'm hoping that some of you took advantage of this wonderful offer offer from Marge Padgitt and the Masonry Heaters Association. I took a similar 5 day course a few years back with Certified Heater Mason, Eric Moshier. Erik can be located at 5347 Howard Gnesen Road, Duluth, MN 55803, his website is: www.solidrockmasonry.com, E-mail: eric@..., Tel.: 218.343.2978 Fax 218-721-5244. The course took place along the north shore of Lake Superior at North House Folk School in Grand Marais, MN. It was very informative and completely hands on. A wonderful experience and I'd recommend it to anyone. This course sounds even better as it's following the new Heater Mason Development Program and counts towards certification as as certified Heater Mason through the Masonry Heaters Association. The most exciting part of course is in getting "Hands-ON Experience" in building what is arguably the most popular and sought after masonry heater ~ the contra-flow masonry heater with a bake oven and heated bench. The three instructors at this course all have extensive experience and people like Gene Padgitt are legendary in the industry for his experience, knowledge and high quality of workmanship and client satisfaction.If anyone takes this course please let me know what you thought of it, the classroom portion, binder of reference material, hands-on experience how it went for you and whether you'll attend any further training with the MHA. If some of you are from eastern Ontario / Quebec areas you may wish to contact Norbert Senf, CHM and he can be found in Shawville, Quebec, J0X 2Y0. Here's his info.: tel.:819 647 5092 fax 647 6082, email: mheat@..., website: www.heatkit.com. Not only is Norbert a CHM but he's a Interprovincially certified brick and stone mason (Canada) Certified heater mason (MHA) Member of ASTM (masonry heater task group), CSA (B-415 committee), HPBAC (masonry heater caucus, masonry products caucus). Manufacturer of Heatkit contraflow heater core. Consultant on custom heaters, masonry fireplaces, commercial wood fired ovens, building science issues relating to masonry heaters and masonry fireplaces. As you can tell, I'm very excited about Masonry Heaters and will be building one in our planned timber frame strawbale home.

      Cheers, Maurice
      Kaministiquia, ON