Paramotor calls their own "INFERIOR"

  • Phil Clark
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
      Seems folk from Paramotor Inc like to use the word Paramotor generically
      too. Either that, or they have admitted selling inferior Paramotors.

      I quote " DON'T BE FOOLED BY OTHER AUCTIONS SELLING IMITATION OR INFERIOR
      QUALITY PARAMOTORS! THIS IS THE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURED TO MILITARY
      SPECIFICATIONS!" unquote

      Have a look at their own add on ebay,
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4523163812&category=26428&sspagename=WDVW

      I thought it was funny,

      Phil C
    • Matthew
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
        Have you noticed that almost all of the Ebay feedback for Paramotor
        Inc. is from sellers, not buyers? A manufactured rating maybe?

        Matt
      • Robert Dawson
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 6, 2005
          --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew" <arizonaonline@h...>
          wrote:

          > Have you noticed that almost all of the Ebay feedback for
          Paramotor
          > Inc. is from sellers, not buyers? A manufactured rating maybe?
          >
          > Matt

          Hey, One never knows.
          I went to the trouble of asking about how other "paramotors" could
          be inferior if they made the "only paramotor"[TM] and what was the
          actual military spec number they were built to. I got the following
          in reply a week later, straight from "main@..." (please
          note I altered the phone number included, no reason to advertise
          anything other than the fact that they use bad grammar and spelling):

          "The special code is the facts. And they are simple we are the only
          REg trade Mark and only one Paramotor R
          Dear Sir:
          Thank you for expressing an interest in the Paramotor. We are the
          exclusive U.S. Manufacture and worldwide distributor of the
          Paramotor, one of the latest concepts in recreational sports. With
          regard to your e-mail inquiry concerning Paramotor pricing. It is
          almost impossible for us to just arbitrarily list one fixed price.
          We sell new and used Paramotors, civilian, law enforcement and
          military models. We can custom build you a Paramotor and also offer
          special optional equipment. How ever we are very competitive and
          feel that in most cases our products quality, availability, and
          costs beat all of our competitors. Remember when comparing pricing
          it is important to compare apples with apples. Our Paramotors are
          built to Military Specifications and come standard with pull and
          electric start, cruise control and a new 3-blade adjustable pitch
          carbon fiber propeller. Our new FX5 Paramotor is very versatile and
          has many new uses: It starts out as a basic one seat back pack unit.
          However you can change or add on one of its many versatile options
          just select the one that's right for you. Like a set of tandem bars
          enabling it to become a two seater or add the trike attachment,
          which can expand the Paramotors, use to people with certain types of
          handicaps such as a bad back or nee. The trike attachment is also a
          good option if you're a little out of shape, or older person. Check
          out our newest boat option if you are a water lover. Paramotor is
          ready to fly out of the box and is not a kit. It can be assembled in
          less then 5 minutes with no tools and can be transported in the back
          seat of most cars. We can also make arrangements to have you trained
          almost any where you live, or in one of our many schools. Just give
          us 2 days and we will give you the sky. From time to time we do have
          promotional sales, special close outs on excess military orders,
          used and bulk order discount rates. Moreover remember that we need
          certain other additional information from you. Like, your weight and
          the altitude at which you live. The reason for this is to assure you
          that you get the proper size and style Paramotor that best suites
          you and your needs. Our basic FX5 civilian model Paramotor cost $
          9995.00 US Dollars. We also carry used equipment; however cannot
          quote a price on any used equipment because the price is set by our
          customer not us. It is very hard to come across good used equipment
          most of the time it goes out as fast as we get it in. The primary
          reason for this is because every one wants something for nothing
          another words cheap. So the only thing for you to do is to give us a
          call if and when you are ready to purchase used equipment. That way
          we can quote you the price on the used equipment we have in stock.
          Remember this we are not a distributor or a private individual
          selling his or her one unit but in fact we are the original
          manufacture of the Paramotor. Please feel free to call us directly
          at XXX-XXX-XXXX for all price quotes. Ask for the CEO Alan Peseri
          or e-mail us your telephone number and a representative will call
          you back to customize and quote you a price on our equipment. Check
          us out on the web : www.Paramotor.com or email us at:
          Inquire@..."

          Is that funny or what, "our used equipment goes out as fast as we
          get it in"?
          -Rob in Sav'h
        • ghawkjr
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 6, 2005
            It's been a while since I went to their site. I particularly like the
            first video with the shots of flying over NYC, as if it were perfectly
            fine to commute into the city that way.

            "If it's transportation you're looking for, these personal aircraft
            are also great for those commutes into the city. In New York, a flyer
            can aovid the 59th street bridge by buzzing the East river or simply
            people watch from skyscraper heights. In any case, Paramotors(tm)
            provide a relaxing alternative to traffic on the long road home. And
            you miss all those tolls, too."

            -- George

            --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Dawson"
            <ValkinParaWinger@a...> wrote:

> [...]
            > reason for this is because every one wants something for nothing
            > another words cheap. So the only thing for you to do is to give us a
            > call if and when you are ready to purchase used equipment. That way
            > we can quote you the price on the used equipment we have in stock.
            > Remember this we are not a distributor or a private individual
            > selling his or her one unit but in fact we are the original
            > manufacture of the Paramotor. Please feel free to call us directly
            > at XXX-XXX-XXXX for all price quotes. Ask for the CEO Alan Peseri
            > or e-mail us your telephone number and a representative will call
            > you back to customize and quote you a price on our equipment. Check
            > us out on the web : www.Paramotor.com or email us at:
            > Inquire@P..."
            >

            > Is that funny or what, "our used equipment goes out as fast as we
          • jon5137
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 6, 2005
              "If it's transportation you're looking for, these personal aircraft
              are also great for those commutes into the city. In New York, a flyer
              can aovid the 59th street bridge by buzzing the East river or simply
              people watch from skyscraper heights. "

              hahaha! If you actually did try to fly over NYC in a PPG I bet you
              would get shot down lol.
            • Matthew
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 6, 2005
                My favorite product of Paramotor Inc. is the Paraboat. A slow, 11
                foot, single place boat for $20,000! They better trademark that
                name!
                Matt

                <ValkinParaWinger@a...> wrote:

> [...]
                > another words cheap. So the only thing for you to do is to give us
                > call if and when you are ready to purchase used equipment. That
                way
                > we can quote you the price on the used equipment we have in stock.
                > Remember this we are not a distributor or a private individual
                > selling his or her one unit but in fact we are the original
                > manufacture of the Paramotor. Please feel free to call us directly
                > at XXX-XXX-XXXX for all price quotes. Ask for the CEO Alan
                Peseri
                > or e-mail us your telephone number and a representative will call
                > you back to customize and quote you a price on our equipment.
                Check
                > us out on the web : www.Paramotor.com or email us at:
                > Inquire@P..."
                >

                > Is that funny or what, "our used equipment goes out as fast as we
              • Milos Krivka
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 6, 2005

                  > hahaha! If you actually did try to fly over NYC in a PPG I bet you
                  > would get shot down lol.

                  Not if you opt for the rocket launcher as an option. You could shoot
                  back. Great ... now we will have terrorists buying the "Paramotor".

                  -M