New Idea

  • Glenn
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 1, 2012
      check this out, I challenge you to make your own and have fun!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcIJQvZk2d4
    • Bill Kerr
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 1, 2012
        *Hi Glenn,*
        *
        *
        *Interesting idea! maybe if you had a longer line so that the camera was
        remote from the balloons? And maybe 2 or 3 lines going up to the balloons
        would steady it up a bit?*
        *
        *
        *One thing I noticed a couple of times is the angle of your motor, it seems
        to hang back a lot.*
        *Is this just a momentary change, or is it always like this? Seems too much
        to my eye.*
        *
        *
        *Bill*

        <'{{{>< W G Kerr
        S c o t l a n d

        On 1 April 2012 09:36, Glenn <kinggtupper@...> wrote:

        > check this out, I challenge you to make your own and have fun!
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcIJQvZk2d4

      • Wayne Schmidt
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 1, 2012
          Cool Idea, I think I will try that. Thanks!

          ________________________________
          check this out, I challenge you to make your own and have fun!

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcIJQvZk2d4

        • Jeff Goin
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 1, 2012
            Cool idea!

            --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn" <kinggtupper@...> wrote:

            > check this out, I challenge you to make your own and have fun!
            >
            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcIJQvZk2d4

          • Mickey Damelio
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 1, 2012
              I liked it a lot. Have you submitted this to Gopro? I've not seen this done
              before and its an interesting perspective.

              ~Mickey

              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 1, 2012
                how do i submit it to gopro?

                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 1, 2012
                  yea, the concept can def be worked on, i was just seeing if it would even be worth expounding upon. No my engine doesnt hang back, it has low hang points so when you land it appears as if it is hanging back, but that is just how this design is set up.

                  --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, Bill Kerr <billgkerr@...> wrote:

                  > *Hi Glenn,*
                  > *
                  > *
                  > *Interesting idea! maybe if you had a longer line so that the camera was
                  > remote from the balloons? And maybe 2 or 3 lines going up to the balloons
                  > would steady it up a bit?*
                  > *
                  > *
                  > *One thing I noticed a couple of times is the angle of your motor, it seems
                  > to hang back a lot.*
                  > *Is this just a momentary change, or is it always like this? Seems too much
                  > to my eye.*
                  > *
                  > *
                  > *Bill*
                  >
                  > <'{{{>< W G Kerr
                  > S c o t l a n d
                  >

                  > On 1 April 2012 09:36, Glenn <kinggtupper@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > check this out, I challenge you to make your own and have fun!
                  > >
                  > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcIJQvZk2d4

                • PPG Mexico
                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 1, 2012
                    Go to gopro.com or even facebook's go pro site, you'll find the submit button somewhere. I once even got a free case just for sending in a pic, you could get some more eupport for your idea
                    Jorge

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On 01/04/2012, at 03:36, "Glenn" <kinggtupper@...> wrote:

                    > check this out, I challenge you to make your own and have fun!
                    >
                    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcIJQvZk2d4
                    >

                    > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
                    > Bad news for young sensation Jeremy Lin
                    > The New York Knicks player who inspired legions of new NBA fans could be done for the year.
                    > Privacy Policy

                  • Glenn
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 1, 2012
                      Thanks! I did it, now we will see if they watch it!

                      --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, PPG Mexico <paramotormexico@...> wrote:

                      > Go to gopro.com or even facebook's go pro site, you'll find the submit button somewhere. I once even got a free case just for sending in a pic, you could get some more eupport for your idea
                      > Jorge
                      >
                      > Sent from my iPhone
                      >
                      > On 01/04/2012, at 03:36, "Glenn" <kinggtupper@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > check this out, I challenge you to make your own and have fun!
                      > >
                      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcIJQvZk2d4
                      > >

                      > > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
                      > > Bad news for young sensation Jeremy Lin
                      > > The New York Knicks player who inspired legions of new NBA fans could be done for the year.
                      > > Privacy Policy

                    • Michael
                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 1, 2012
                        What is it actually that you did? Hanging a gopro to some balloons? Whats the idea you submitted? A balloon with gopro mount? Haha;)

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        On Apr 1, 2012, at 10:22 PM, "Glenn" <kinggtupper@...> wrote:

                        > Thanks! I did it, now we will see if they watch it!
                        >
                        > --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, PPG Mexico <paramotormexico@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Go to gopro.com or even facebook's go pro site, you'll find the submit button somewhere. I once even got a free case just for sending in a pic, you could get some more eupport for your idea
                        > > Jorge
                        > >
                        > > Sent from my iPhone
                        > >
                        > > On 01/04/2012, at 03:36, "Glenn" <kinggtupper@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > check this out, I challenge you to make your own and have fun!
                        > > >
                        > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcIJQvZk2d4
                        > > >

                        > > > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
                        > > > Bad news for young sensation Jeremy Lin
                        > > > The New York Knicks player who inspired legions of new NBA fans could be done for the year.
                        > > > Privacy Policy

                      • freefalaz
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 2, 2012
                          I don't have any great ideas on how to stabilize it, but once that's figured out it would be sweet to see one of these mounted op top of a pylon and angled down a bit.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 2, 2012
                            On the balloon idea, add a couple of servis and tou might get a
                            nice RC floating gadget worth using for nice aerial views of yourself
                            Jorge
                            Sent from my iPhone

                            On 02/04/2012, at 15:11, "freefalaz" <chris.leech@...> wrote:

                            > I don't have any great ideas on how to stabilize it, but once that's figured out it would be sweet to see one of these mounted op top of a pylon and angled down a bit.
                            >

                            > --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn" <kinggtupper@...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > check this out, I challenge you to make your own and have fun!
                            > >
                            > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcIJQvZk2d4

                          • Robin Rumbolt
                            Message 13 of 18 , Apr 2, 2012
                              Get a yard stick. Fasten your camera to it in the middle so the camera cannot turn in relation to the yard stick. Attach the balloons also to the middle. Attach an anchor string to each end of the yardstick. Let the balloons take it as high as you want it to go. Anchor the strings to the ground a distance apart to form a triangle.
                              if done right, camera twist should then be eliminated or minimized.

                              Robin

                              On Apr 2, 2012, at 4:11 PM, freefalaz wrote:

                              > I don't have any great ideas on how to stabilize it, but once that's figured out it would be sweet to see one of these mounted op top of a pylon and angled down a bit.
                              >

                              > --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn" <kinggtupper@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > check this out, I challenge you to make your own and have fun!
                              > >
                              > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcIJQvZk2d4

                            • flyincajun
                              Message 14 of 18 , Apr 2, 2012
                                Or add a swivel so the balloons can spin. The camera can be mounted to a "steadi-cam" arm or other platform (maybe with a vane like the chase cam). With the right amount of helium, you can let it free-fly at a slow ascent rate, then snag it when your done.

                                Message 15 of 18 , Apr 2, 2012
                                  I just have to laugh if I imagine a PPG guy chasing his gopro tied to a helium baloon haha...

                                  Dont end up doing this...

                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAifzh7_-cg&sns=em

                                  Sent from my iPhone

                                  Sent from my iPhone

                                  Sent from my iPhone

                                  On Apr 2, 2012, at 5:12 PM, "flyincajun" <kinderlangleys@...> wrote:

                                  > Or add a swivel so the balloons can spin. The camera can be mounted to a "steadi-cam" arm or other platform (maybe with a vane like the chase cam). With the right amount of helium, you can let it free-fly at a slow ascent rate, then snag it when your done.
                                  >
                                  > --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, Robin Rumbolt <flyguy@...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Get a yard stick. Fasten your camera to it in the middle so the camera cannot turn in relation to the yard stick. Attach the balloons also to the middle. Attach an anchor string to each end of the yardstick. Let the balloons take it as high as you want it to go. Anchor the strings to the ground a distance apart to form a triangle.
                                  > > if done right, camera twist should then be eliminated or minimized.
                                  > >
                                  > > Robin
                                  > >
                                  > > On Apr 2, 2012, at 4:11 PM, freefalaz wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > > I don't have any great ideas on how to stabilize it, but once that's figured out it would be sweet to see one of these mounted op top of a pylon and angled down a bit.

                                  > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
                                  > Olympic horses to wear spandex-type suits
                                  > Many human athletes wear compression gear, so an inventor decided to create some for horses.
                                  > Privacy Policy

                                • Glenn
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Apr 2, 2012
                                    that is an excellent idea!