Re: Travel distance calculator?

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2012
      Hi Michael

      If you have a GPS log of your flight? ... try 'Every Trail' ... it can
      handle most GPS formats ...

      Here's one of my flights so you get an idea of what it does: ...

      PPG Flight on EveryTrail
      <http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1354736>

      It's completely free, you just need to create your own user name &
      password. You can even add pics & other stuff ...

      Happy New Year

      Turbo

      --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "m.sekler" <m.sekler@...> wrote:

      > Hello
      >
      > I was just wondering if there is a good online tool combined with
      google maps or so to calculate the distance flown.

      > I, when I look at Google Maps know how I flew, but the pedestrian
      setting doesnt really work...

      > Glad for any helps...
      >
      > Regards Michael

    • Rod
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2012
        You can also use EasyTrail. It will log your course, keep track of the miles
        As well as the altitude profile. You can also insert pictures and it will onsert them
        at the proper GPS coordinate.
        Also trip can be shared with others.

        --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "m.sekler" <m.sekler@...> wrote:

        > Hello
        >
        > I was just wondering if there is a good online tool combined with google maps or so to calculate the distance flown.
        >
        > I, when I look at Google Maps know how I flew, but the pedestrian setting doesnt really work...
        >
        > Glad for any helps...
        >
        > Regards Michael

      • Rod
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2012
          Oops
          I mean every trail.
          My bad.

          --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "Rod" <lightning_rod88@...> wrote:

          > You can also use EasyTrail. It will log your course, keep track of the miles
          > As well as the altitude profile. You can also insert pictures and it will onsert them
          > at the proper GPS coordinate.
          > Also trip can be shared with others.
          >
          > --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "m.sekler" <m.sekler@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello
          > >
          > > I was just wondering if there is a good online tool combined with google maps or so to calculate the distance flown.
          > >
          > > I, when I look at Google Maps know how I flew, but the pedestrian setting doesnt really work...
          > >
          > > Glad for any helps...
          > >
          > > Regards Michael

        • Brian
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
            Hi Rod

            ... SNAP ...

            ermm ... is it "birds of a feather, flock together" ... OR ... "fools
            seldom differ" ... you choose [:))]

            Turbo