Re: Looking for a Great PPG location for foot launch for summer vacation!!!

  • soarzion
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
      Be advised that Monument Valley in the summer is a very thermic and windy area. You will love the sights but flying is a challenge there. Its better in the early Spring and late Fall.

      --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "plattfam4@..." <plattfam4@...> wrote:

      > So, I am considering Monument Valley, but would like other ideas on a foot launch site for summer vacation. My timing does not necessarily coincide with the UAPPA events.....thanks, Mike

    • John Fetz
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
        NO on certification and a NORMAL amount of proficency every pilot that has participated has earned his/her high altitude badge..
        the reate of climb is reduced but there are no obsticles to climb over. there have even been DOWN WIND down hill take offs,,
        John Fetz

      • plattfam4@rocketmail.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
          Ahhhhh, this is good info and sounds quite interesting....thanks for the input...will you be there?

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
            Great info, that would explain the October meet there. Prob beyond my skill level in the summer. thanks

            --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "soarzion" <windrider_sail@...> wrote:

            > Be advised that Monument Valley in the summer is a very thermic and windy area. You will love the sights but flying is a challenge there. Its better in the early Spring and late Fall.
            >

            > --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "plattfam4@" <plattfam4@> wrote:
            > >
            > > So, I am considering Monument Valley, but would like other ideas on a foot launch site for summer vacation. My timing does not necessarily coincide with the UAPPA events.....thanks, Mike

          • Bill
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
              So come to Fabulous Las Vegas!!!