Re: Rif: [ppgbiglist] Re: Paratoys and Black Devil engine

  • Alex Varv
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1 1:13 AM
      Dear Dave,

      The Black Devil cylinder head was DESIGNED to do exactly what you suggest. However, oxygenated fuel (gasoline with 10% ethanol) causes a hotter combustion. This fuel is used in the US and elsewhere.
      This is why JPX Italia introduced the cooling shroud.
      This shroud proved very efficient and lowers the temperature substantially.
      If no ethanol containing gas is burned, the shroud is not that important.

      Best regards,

      Alex Varv / Aero Cors-Air USA LLC