Re: First steps towards the sky

  • Captain John Black
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 1, 2008
      For your size you should be able to find a suitable used motor for
      that yes.
      John

      --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, AUGUST HAHN <augusthahn@...>
      wrote:

      > Guess any kind of motor suitable for ppg will run in the $3,000
      range am I right, ? I,m not immediatly in the market just getting
      some general ideas about what is out there.I see I made a typo my
      weight is 110 not 10 !oh how I wish it would make flying alot
      easier !

    • AUGUST HAHN
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 1, 2008
        You said used !do you mean new?

        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 1, 2008
          I do not know of any ppg motors for 3000.00 new that is not to say
          one does not exist. Typical is between 4500.00 and up

          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 1, 2008
            Wow that much ouch !

            wrote:

            > You said used !do you mean new?

          • edlance
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 1, 2008
              Yeah. Go price Fly Prodcuts Power Max, or Flat Top...$6500 +
              From: AUGUST HAHN <augusthahn@...>
              Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 07:58:37 -0800 (PST)

              Sent via the WebMail system at awesomenet.net
            • juanna.blomee
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 1, 2008
                Don't forget the clueless who unintentionally rip off the
                unsuspecting. Like the eBay seller who claimed his wing was in great
                condition, except for the missing suspension line. Although he claimed
                it could be flown like that, he did recommend staying real low just to
                be extra safe!

                --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "Captain John Black"

                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 1, 2008
                  Right now theres a really cheap wing on ebay whice automatically raised the red flags so a did a little investigation and good thing I did because they all said as long as you don,nt get 2 feet off the ground it would make a good kiting wing,This wing has run before so it,s re listed,like one guy said would make a nice car cover but at $350-- NOT

                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 1, 2008
                    Are we talking about the whole setup mounted on the cage or just the motor?oh I sent an email asking if anyone knew how MR.Dell got all his money he seems filty rich !also all that stuff he said about Fly Products it,s a wonder he has,nt been sued ?

                    Sent via the WebMail system at awesomenet.net