Looking For used Trike

  • Bruce Brockett
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2007
      At 61 years old I'm going to add a trike for those low wind days.
      Anyone got a good used trike for sale. I fly a Simo 122 with an extra
      large Power Atlas. Email or call me at 330-584-2223.
      Thanks.
      Bruce Brockett
      Ohio
    • Terry Lutke
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2007
        Hi Bruce;

        PPG's with a torque compensating harness (FB/Fly/HE/PAP..so on) are not
        the easiest machines to adapt to a regular cart. While it is certainly
        possible to fasten these models to most any cart frame, they are
        trickier to deal with on the ground. As you launch and pull the wing up
        the early lift will 'activate' your harness anti-torque feature and you
        will feel unstable in the seat.
        Eventually the lift will increase to fully extend the harness system
        and then you will lift off; but before that happens the early lift can
        cause the seat to feel quite twitchy.
        You will notice that these particular motors are often sold with
        specially designed carts that stabilize or eliminate the regular
        footlaunch harness (sim to the skip1, trike buggy, etc).

        I have used a regular cart with an FB harness by setting up an under
        seat support that raises my seat to the highest extended in-flight
        height. This causes the wing to begin lifting on the cart, and not just
        the harness anti-torque system.

        TerryL

        --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Brockett" <bbrockett3@...>
        wrote:

        > At 61 years old I'm going to add a trike for those low wind days.
        > Anyone got a good used trike for sale. I fly a Simo 122 with an extra
        > large Power Atlas. Email or call me at 330-584-2223.
        > Thanks.
        > Bruce Brockett
        > Ohio

      • mrcaptainsir2
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
          You gotta love a guy 61 years young foot launching.............my
          hat is off to you Bruce.
          Captain John Black

          wrote:

          > At 61 years old I'm going to add a trike for those low wind days.
          > Anyone got a good used trike for sale. I fly a Simo 122 with an
          extra
          > large Power Atlas. Email or call me at 330-584-2223.
          > Thanks.
          > Bruce Brockett
          > Ohio

        • Dane Lance
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
            And then there is our resident prop repair expert extraordinaire, John Fetz.
            Foot launching at 66 (it is 66 isn't it John?).

            _____

            --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogro <mailto:ppgbiglist%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com,
            "Bruce Brockett" <bbrockett3@...>
            wrote:

            > At 61 years old I'm going to add a trike for those low wind days.
            > Anyone got a good used trike for sale. I fly a Simo 122 with an
            extra
            > large Power Atlas. Email or call me at 330-584-2223.
            > Thanks.
            > Bruce Brockett
            > Ohio

          • John F
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
              I just had a Birthday 9 14 39 ....Gee! that was a long time ago. 68
              and still foot launcing if the wind is above 5 mph. If the wind is
              above 25mph I use my Famous Risk and Reward landing cartwheel method.
              If it is calm I use a home made trike buggy.

              It's not the running I don't like, I just dislike forward launches.
              As Bubba Peters said once "John is the master of low wind reverse's"
              In the trike it seems the wing comes up easy and streight and there
              is a small mirror on the trike to see the wing overhead.
              Thanks Dane;
              PS It's not how old you are, It how old you think you are"

              John Fetz
              3298 Crestwind Dr.
              Lake Havasu City, Az
              86404
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PropellerRepair/
              botmom@...
              https://www.paypal.com/
              Phone 928 680 4994,,,Skype"johnfetz"

              --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "Dane Lance" <edlance@...> wrote:

              > And then there is our resident prop repair expert extraordinaire,
              John Fetz.
              > Foot launching at 66 (it is 66 isn't it John?).
              >

              > _____

            • carvingair
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
                Happy Birthday you old fart, we got more senior's here than anything
                else - when we say diaper here the first thoughts are not with the
                ordinary reserve chute if you follow me...no wind forwards make for
                nasty skid marks..."poot prints on the shorts of time" so to speak.
                The running farts (Foxworthy credits) maybe a new club name???
                Fly on if ya can, actually I can picture you with a motor on yer
                wheelchair at 90.
                Ciao y'all

                p.s ya can't have my trike, I'm old too
                p.s.s. It's not so much what "you do" as what you SAY you are going
                to do.

                --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "John F" <botmom@...> wrote:

                > I just had a Birthday 9 14 39 ....Gee! that was a long time ago. 68
                > and still foot launcing if the wind is above 5 mph. If the wind is
                > above 25mph I use my Famous Risk and Reward landing cartwheel
                method.
                > If it is calm I use a home made trike buggy.

                > It's not the running I don't like, I just dislike forward launches.
                > As Bubba Peters said once "John is the master of low wind reverse's"
                > In the trike it seems the wing comes up easy and streight and there
                > is a small mirror on the trike to see the wing overhead.
                > Thanks Dane;
                > PS It's not how old you are, It how old you think you are"
                >
                > John Fetz
                > 3298 Crestwind Dr.
                > Lake Havasu City, Az
                > 86404
                > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PropellerRepair/
                > botmom@...
                > https://www.paypal.com/
                > Phone 928 680 4994,,,Skype"johnfetz"
                >

                > --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "Dane Lance" <edlance@> wrote:
                > >
                > > And then there is our resident prop repair expert extraordinaire,
                > John Fetz.
                > > Foot launching at 66 (it is 66 isn't it John?).
                > >

                > > _____

              • mrcaptainsir2
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 3, 2007
                  Yes I forget about John.....I actually flew the first time with
                  John's repair job on a prop and my next 300 hours as the matter of
                  fact.
                  John