Re: why do I run and sink?

  • elmer_price
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 1, 2003

      > Overall, great advice Elmer. One point of caution though... when I
      > first started I was too agressive in running in the direction of an
      > off centered wing. I broke a couple of props learning that if you
      > run past the center of vertical you will be jerked off your feet
      > momentairly only to fall upon landing. It works best for me to
      steer
      > the wing gently back overhead while running into the wind as
      > planned.
      >
      > Phil Adkison

      Hi Phil-Thanks for the terrific clarification. Like I said in my
      corrections in my run are usually minor since I am anal about setting
      up into the wind, so much so that I will wait and wait until the wind
      is right in my face. On the other hand, if the wind shifts after I
      start my run, I may need to correct more than I am used to, hence
      using your advice of a gentle steer will prevent me from busting my
      butt!

      This group is such a great source of advice. Thanks again.

      EP