Re: [ppgbiglist] Re: stop the madness

  • Dana Hague
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 1, 2003
      At 06:17 PM 5/31/2003, Bud Johnson wrote:
      >-
      >
      >This changes the length of where the riser attaches, not the seat
      >height on one side vs. the other? Or both?

      It affects the seat position. The strap runs from the chest strap
      buckle to the right front corner of the seat; so when tensioned it pulls
      the right side of the seat up, transferring your weight more to the left
      side. With the friction cam adjuster it's easy to set to cancel the torque
      effect at any power setting.

      -Dana
      --
      This is a test of the emergency tagline system. Were this an actual
      tagline, you would see amusing mottos, disclaimers, a zillion net

    • Bud Johnson
      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 1, 2003
        --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, Dana Hague <d-m-hague@c...> wrote:
        > At 06:17 PM 5/31/2003, Bud Johnson wrote:
        > >-
        > >
        > >This changes the length of where the riser attaches, not the seat
        > >height on one side vs. the other? Or both?
        >
        > It affects the seat position. The strap runs from the
        chest strap
        > buckle to the right front corner of the seat; so when tensioned it
        pulls
        > the right side of the seat up, transferring your weight more to the
        left
        > side. With the friction cam adjuster it's easy to set to cancel
        the
        torque
        > effect at any power setting.

        Hi Dana,

        I can also raise one seat side with my harness, and guess many of
        the harnesses can too.

        You could also consider adjusting your seat to the most comfortable
        position for cruising, and then using a different length shackle.
        The Wichard hardware site that I sent you on the paragliding forum has
        many different length shackles for your Walkerjet j-bar.

        Bud
      • Dana Hague
        Message 3 of 24 , Jun 2, 2003
          At 01:09 PM 6/1/2003, Bud Johnson wrote:

          >You could also consider adjusting your seat to the most comfortable
          >position for cruising, and then using a different length shackle.
          >The Wichard hardware site that I sent you on the paragliding forum has
          >many different length shackles for your Walkerjet j-bar.

          I don't like the idea of building in a permanent turn to
          counteract the torque. I don't find the seat uncomfortable in any position
          of diagonal strap adjustment, and I like to inflate, launch, and land with
          the diagonal strap loose (better, straighter inflations and touchdowns),
          and tighten it according to my power setting in flight.

          -Dana
          --
          Puritanism: the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

        • Steven Leitch
          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 5, 2003
            --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "pickmaster60"
            <pickmaster60@h...> wrote:
            > -In my case,I put both A's in one hand,and if the wing starts
            droping
            > on one side or the other I just switch the risers to the other
            > hand,and break with other one.After you do it a little while,you
            > don't think about it.
            > Andrew

            In this case, it doesn't matter if you use a left Vs a right hand
            throttle then.

            Steven Leitch
          • Andrew Johnson
            Message 5 of 24 , Jun 5, 2003
              -Right,I started on the left hand throttle,but as I was able to try
              different motors I had to use the right hand.At first,because it was
              different I was apprehensive,but after I did it a few times it made
              little difference.I do prefer to have my throttle in the hand that
              corrects the torque though. And if you take pictures/video it comes
              in handy to have a lefty(Correcting) throttle.

              -- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Leitch" <sleitch@h...>
              wrote:
              > --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "pickmaster60"
              > <pickmaster60@h...> wrote:
              > > -In my case,I put both A's in one hand,and if the wing starts
              > droping
              > > on one side or the other I just switch the risers to the other
              > > hand,and break with other one.After you do it a little while,you
              > > don't think about it.
              > > Andrew
              >
              > In this case, it doesn't matter if you use a left Vs a right hand
              > throttle then.

              Steven Leitch