Re: Tricks: The Side Slip (50%)

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 63 , Mar 1, 2006
      --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "Murray Hay" <fotoglider@...> wrote:

      > you NEED to change the heading so the glider actualy
      > almost 'points' along the ridge... while it Side Slips out
      > from the ridge at about 25kts, tip first.

      This makes a little more sense. Your earlier post said that you
      maintain a heading of 'into wind' and not 'along the ridge'.

      I will experiment next time I have some altitude. I don't think I'll
      be landing with large asymetrics as I don't see the sense in landing
      with one wing when I can have two.

      Regards

      Dave
    • Murray Hay
      Message 63 of 63 , Mar 2, 2006
        > Thank you. Helps me to understand your perspective.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Dave

        Good (I hope), my perspective is of course based on what I have
        directly witnessed since '98 in addition to what the pilots I meet
        have told me regarding their 'take' on the BIG diffrence in
        standards....

        One thing we can all agree on is that as long as there is such a vast
        gap between the theory used (and so practices) there will always be a
        considerable gap in the safety standard of the two groups of pilots.

        Yours Murray Hay