Re: [ppgbiglist] group rules

  • John Kenealy
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2003
      Thank you, Stefan...good call!

      John K.

    • tgrifb1 <tgrifb1@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2003
        rule #3 no commericial posts
        some members of this group include an advertisment for they're
        dealership, including web address, what brands are carried, and
        flight instruction, sounds kinda of commericial to me
      • Rob Reynolds
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2003
          having a 'signature' on an email is not a commercial post. if it is, then all posts on this list are commercial posts, since yahoo attaches an add to each email.

          lets quit nit-picking the rules let the moderators enforce them when necessary.
          some members of this group include an advertisment for they're
          dealership, including web address, what brands are carried, and
          flight instruction, sounds kinda of commericial to me

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • tombaisley <tombaisley@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2003
            if i offer my goods and services for sale in my "signature" then rule
            #3 does'nt apply? whats good for the goose is good for the gander
          • rbradley73064 <rbradley73064@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003
              --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "tombaisley <tombaisley@y...>"
              <tombaisley@y...> wrote:
              > if i offer my goods and services for sale in my "signature" then
              rule
              > #3 does'nt apply? whats good for the goose is good for the gander

              So, when is a signature trailer not a signature trailer: maybe when
              it's longer than you text message; maybe when it includes more than
              your signature; maybe when it is clearly your business advertisment.
              Understandably, folks in the business gotta eat i.e., advertisment is
              their life-blood and of course we desire the products they promote
              and need to support them as appropriate. So in the sprit of rule 3
              maybe the Gettysburg address or Mien Kamph or Kim's opinions on God
              and country should be allowed in the signature trailer. All's fair,
              personal freedom works for me.