Re: [ppgbiglist] Re: Tach-EGT

  • Mark Cross
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2005
      G,day Steve,I have noticed a discrepency in logged hours but it doesn't
      worry me too much as I use my GPS timer to time my flights,just as long as
      my CHT and rpm's are working thats all I'm really worried about,it would be
      nice if things worked like they were supposed to but what are you going to
      do?All the best,Mark.

      on 1/5/05 1:25 AM, hcuaj59 at hcuaj59@... wrote:

      > Hi Mark,
      >
      > After I used my MRT for a little while, I realized that it registered
      > only about 1/3 of the time it should. When I flew for 1 hour it would
      > read about .3 hrs. The dealer had me send it back to AIM for repair
      > in Richmond Virginia. AIM said that they had 1 day turnaround and I
      > sent it to them second day air. Eleven days later I called to find
      > out what happened to it. I was told that it needed a new circuit
      > board and they had it fixed and were just now checking it out. I
      > finally received it 19 days after I sent it to them, and it had a note
      > that it had a proccessor problem and they wouldn't have a replacement
      > for about 8 weeks. They talked like this was a problem with all of
      > these units and they didn't have a replacement for me because it was a
      > design problem. They said if that didn't satisfy me, I could contact
      > the dealer for a refund. I don't understand how they could sell these
      > for 5 or 6 years and just now realize there is a problem. I was
      > wondering if anyone else had the same problem.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Steve
      >>>

      >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Dave Halcomb
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2005
        I had one that went bad too. It worked for about 10 hours and then it
        started getting squirrelly. I messed with it forever and finally removed it.
        Too bad tiny tach doesn't make one (as far as I know). Small is so important
        for our application.
        Dave
        > After I used my MRT for a little while, I realized that it registered
        > only about 1/3 of the time it should. When I flew for 1 hour it would
        > read about .3 hrs. The dealer had me send it back to AIM for repair
        > in Richmond Virginia. AIM said that they had 1 day turnaround and I
        > sent it to them second day air. Eleven days later I called to find
        > out what happened to it. I was told that it needed a new circuit
        > board and they had it fixed and were just now checking it out. I
        > finally received it 19 days after I sent it to them, and it had a note
        > that it had a proccessor problem and they wouldn't have a replacement
        > for about 8 weeks. They talked like this was a problem with all of
        > these units and they didn't have a replacement for me because it was a
        > design problem. They said if that didn't satisfy me, I could contact
        > the dealer for a refund. I don't understand how they could sell these
        > for 5 or 6 years and just now realize there is a problem. I was
        > wondering if anyone else had the same problem.
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Steve
        >> >

        >> > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Ron Estrada
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2005
          Dave,
          I have a tach that I am waiting for the manufacture to release. It is
          promised to
          be flawless and is being reengiennered for the problem that you
          posted. From
          my understanding the connections of the techs out there are bad and
          not
          suitable for vibration and that is were the problem lies.
          I was told that it should be ready in 30 to 60 days. This unit will
          be small and
          be guaranteed not to go down. The only thing I don't like is the
          price. I'm
          hearing the retail will be around $100. I guess it's not bad if it
          last!
          I'll keep you posted and it will be on my site.

          Ron

          PoweredParaglider.com (www.ppger.com),
          The #1 powered paragliding and paramotoring site on planet Earth!
          http://www.poweredparaglider.com

          PoweredParaglider.com PPG CLub Mission Statement: "We strive to
          support each other for the growth and safe future of powered
          paragliding"
          Yahoo! Groups Links
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pilotsppgclub/

          --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Halcomb" <dhalcomb@i...>