Re: [ppgbiglist] Paraplegic Paramotor Pilot - An amazing Powered Paragliding Journey!

  • Bart Ferguson
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2013
      Super! Thanks for sharing!

      ________________________________
      From: ParaToys <mike@...>
      To: ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, March 7, 2013 5:18 PM
      Subject: [ppgbiglist] Paraplegic Paramotor Pilot - An amazing Powered Paragliding Journey!

      All of us at BlackHawk Paramotor USA couldn't be more proud of Russel Metlitzky – one of our recent students who touched the lives of many through his PPG journey. We would like to thank all those who participated in Russel's training adventure. Special thanks to Rob & Samantha Whittaker for filming / editing Russel's training video.

      Russel Metlitzky was injured in a devastating motorcycle accident, leaving this "extreme sports fanatic" paralyzed from the chest down. With the support of his loving family, and the desire to continue realizing his dreams, Russel ventured into the world of Powered Paragliding. He contacted Mike Robinson with BlackHawk Paramotors after "hearing great things about their training." Mike was very excited to take on the project and immediately began the design of a custom BlackHawk Paramotor Quad. After extensive testing of the prototype, Russel was invited to the BlackHawk World Training Center in Valley Springs, Ca. Three amazing days later, Russel took his first solo flight. It brought tears and screams of excitement to all those who witnessed Russel take to the sky.

      Please take a moment to watch our video highlighting this event:
      http://youtu.be/ZCz_tVA7iqQ
      Show your support for Russel by "liking" or commenting on the video. We will forward these comments to Russel directly.

      After posting the video to Youtube, BlackHawk Paramotors has been contacted by numerous news stations, newspapers, and related foundations like The Wounded Warrior Project. We hope their interest in this story helps to inspire, motivate, and touch the lives of others in Russel's situation.

      To start YOUR Paramotor training journey, please give BlackHawk Paramotors a call at (209) 481-0493 or visit the training section of this website.

    • David Sheriff
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 7, 2013
        Great video, I hope this opens up the door for others who never thought they
        could fly a PPG. I was just wondering, what happened to the steering stick
        between the taxi runs and the final flight. During the taxi tests Russel
        was steering the Quad using the stick setup you showed being built, but
        during the actual first flight I did not notice him using the stick or even
        controlling direction in any manner at all. Was there some design change
        where the steering was locked down or did you come up with another way of
        steering not using the stick. Again, congratulations for getting Russel
        into the air safely.

        Dave

        _____

[...]

        size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#a0a0a0" align=center>

        No virus found in this message.

        No virus found in this message.

      • moggie1111
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 7, 2013
          Inspiring video. Very well done to all involved.

          --- In ppgbiglist@yahoogroups.com, "ParaToys" <mike@...> wrote:

          > All of us at BlackHawk Paramotor USA couldn't be more proud of Russel Metlitzky – one of our recent students who touched the lives of many through his PPG journey. We would like to thank all those who participated in Russel's training adventure. Special thanks to Rob & Samantha Whittaker for filming / editing Russel's training video.
          >
          > Russel Metlitzky was injured in a devastating motorcycle accident, leaving this "extreme sports fanatic" paralyzed from the chest down. With the support of his loving family, and the desire to continue realizing his dreams, Russel ventured into the world of Powered Paragliding. He contacted Mike Robinson with BlackHawk Paramotors after "hearing great things about their training." Mike was very excited to take on the project and immediately began the design of a custom BlackHawk Paramotor Quad. After extensive testing of the prototype, Russel was invited to the BlackHawk World Training Center in Valley Springs, Ca. Three amazing days later, Russel took his first solo flight. It brought tears and screams of excitement to all those who witnessed Russel take to the sky.
          >
          > Please take a moment to watch our video highlighting this event:
          > http://youtu.be/ZCz_tVA7iqQ
          > Show your support for Russel by "liking" or commenting on the video. We will forward these comments to Russel directly.
          >
          > After posting the video to Youtube, BlackHawk Paramotors has been contacted by numerous news stations, newspapers, and related foundations like The Wounded Warrior Project. We hope their interest in this story helps to inspire, motivate, and touch the lives of others in Russel's situation.
          >
          > To start YOUR Paramotor training journey, please give BlackHawk Paramotors a call at (209) 481-0493 or visit the training section of this website.

        • Charlie Wolz
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 7, 2013
            The Quad has front caster wheels that follow the wing, so where ever the wing goes the cart follows.