Re: [powersdr-iq] Re: Band change

  • uli
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 22, 2009
      Hello Christos, hello Bob,

      many thanks for your help. I use the firmware V15.11 in an ATTiny45.
      I think there is another error in my hardware. With smooth tuning activated the
      panadapter looks very strange.
      It's hard to explain, so if you have time please look to this video:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZVMltk15-U
      I don't have any idea about the reason. Perhaps something forgotten/wrong in
      the setup.

      My hardware is similiar to the SoftRocks, except the mixer.
      The mixer has 4 MOSFET BS170 as switches. It's a german project from
      the DARC chapter L02, see http://www.darc.de/distrikte/l/02/sdr/index.shtml (in German).

      Many thanks for your help and your hints.

      73
      Uli
      DF5SF

      > Hi Uli,
      >
      > What version of the PE0FKO firmware are you using?
      >
      > The latest v15.12 does not fit in an ATtiny45 chip, must be programmed in an ATtiny85, as it uses more than 4k of program memory.
      >
      > The frequency should change immediately when you change bands otherwise something is wrong.
      >
      > 73, Bob G8VOI
      >

      > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "ulidf5sf2002" <uli@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > using here PowerSDR-IQ V1.12.20 SV1EIA and latest firmware from PE0FKO (ATTiny45, no BPF).
      > > If I change bands the Si570 is NOT changing frequency. After tuning in the new band the Si570 changes his frequency to the new band.
      > > Is this OK ?
      > >
      > > 73
      > > Uli
      > > DF5SF

    • g8voip
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 22, 2009
        Hi Uli,

        I have just taken a look at your video clip and that does not look like the sort of thing I would expect to see when there is no smooth tuning.

        What I saw on mine before using Fred's firmware with smooth tuning, was that at every tuning step, the display glitched and the noise floor jumped up a long way.

        Your one seems to have a lot of spurious signals generated for a short time at each step, not sure quite what could case that. I wonder if it could be a problem with the mixer, but cannot really think why that should be.

        I wonder if you can 'listen' to the Si570 output frequency on another receiver and hear if it glitches? Remember, the Si570 is running at 4x the frequency you are tuned to.

        Sorry, I cannot suggest anything else at the moment,

        73, Bob G8VOI

        --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, uli <uli@...> wrote:

        > Hello Christos, hello Bob,
        >
        > many thanks for your help. I use the firmware V15.11 in an ATTiny45.
        > I think there is another error in my hardware. With smooth tuning activated the
        > panadapter looks very strange.
        > It's hard to explain, so if you have time please look to this video:
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZVMltk15-U
        > I don't have any idea about the reason. Perhaps something forgotten/wrong in
        > the setup.
        >
        > My hardware is similiar to the SoftRocks, except the mixer.
        > The mixer has 4 MOSFET BS170 as switches. It's a german project from
        > the DARC chapter L02, see http://www.darc.de/distrikte/l/02/sdr/index.shtml (in German).
        >
        > Many thanks for your help and your hints.
        >

        > 73
        > Uli
        > DF5SF
        >

        > > Hi Uli,
        > >
        > > What version of the PE0FKO firmware are you using?
        > >
        > > The latest v15.12 does not fit in an ATtiny45 chip, must be programmed in an ATtiny85, as it uses more than 4k of program memory.
        > >
        > > The frequency should change immediately when you change bands otherwise something is wrong.
        > >
        > > 73, Bob G8VOI
        > >

        > > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "ulidf5sf2002" <uli@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hello,
        > > >
        > > > using here PowerSDR-IQ V1.12.20 SV1EIA and latest firmware from PE0FKO (ATTiny45, no BPF).
        > > > If I change bands the Si570 is NOT changing frequency. After tuning in the new band the Si570 changes his frequency to the new band.
        > > > Is this OK ?
        > > >
        > > > 73
        > > > Uli
        > > > DF5SF

      • uli
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 22, 2009
          Hi Bob

          > I wonder if you can 'listen' to the Si570 output frequency on another receiver and hear if it glitches? Remember, the Si570 is running at 4x the frequency you are tuned to.

          That is a very good idea. I will try to listen to the Si570 output with another SDR, so I can see 96 kHz.
          Perhaps I have time next weekend.
          I tell you the result.

          73
          Uli