Re: SoftRock v 6.3 setup with SDR IQ help needed

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2009
      Hi Bob,

      CW is hectic over the USB in general and PSDR-IQ does not fully support USBtoI2C (in CW).

      PowerSDR-IQ way of CW is to use (if you have) the LPT port and connect a key as defined in the LPT Connections.pdf in PowerSDR-IQ downloads thus minimizing delays wherever possible.

      That issue comes from the inserted delay. You can see here
      -> http://www.lz1aq.signacor.com/docs/std/Measurements_of_Signal_Time_Delays_in_Several_SDR.htm
      for measurements and I guess you will concur that 200-600ms delay inhibits QSK operation in some applications.
      Some times the delay factor eludes you, specially when you send/receive without QSK and in QRS (5WPM). But in real world CW (>20WPM) and QSK you quickly see the problems.