Re: WB6DHW USB INTERFACE

  • dar8421
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31 3:48 PM
      Hi Christos,

      now it is to me clear what is going on with the SI570 control. I have
      Dave's interface so I will try at first place to control it through
      LPT port from PowerSDR-iq.

      I intent to get the softrock v6.3 and use the si570 with Dave's
      interface.

      Thanks again Christos for your support to me and to the whole group

      Vasileios SV8ZZ

      --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Christos Nikolaou" <sv1eia@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Vasili,
      >
      > Read the announcement once more and I'm sure you will figure out
      what
      > software you need.
      >
      > If you still feel a bit lost, its ok, in today's world everything is
      > in fast forward motion, whereas the sdr hardware and software
      evolves
      > like crazy.
      >
      > From what I understand you have Dave's board for the Si570 (I hope
      > that you also do have the Si570 chip itself).
      > Regardless of what is the sdr kit or design that you have or plan to
      > have, you can use PowerSDR-IQ which can control the Si570 either
      with
      > the plain old LPT or with the USB to I2C interface (of Tony's
      Softrock
      > v9) or with HSUSB board from Dave.

      > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "dar8421" <dar8421@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello Dave,
      > >
      > > thanks for the quick response. I suppose that I can only use a
      > > program, like Guido's one, to control the SI570 via the parallel
      PC
      > > port
      > > regards
      > > Vasileios