Re: Help Si570

    Message 1 of 49 , Sep 6, 2009
      For those inclined, this method is of real high accuracy and is based on the calculation of difference of the angular speed of WWV signal and the angular speed of our VFO signal (via DSP s/w).
      -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angular_frequency

      > As I said, that is normal, there cannot be a one-Hz-to-one-pixel ratio on the panadapter screen.
      > A panadapter screen pixel always represents a couple decades of Hz and that is even in the best resolution.
      > That is also why you notice this quantization as you mention.
      >
      > So do not worry, if you follow the phase-Flex method of frequency calibration through a WWV and got a single dot pixel on the phase display, even moderately rotating but clearly visible, then you are right on the spot.
      >

      > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, K9ACT <K9ACT@> wrote:
      > >
      > > sv1eia wrote:
      > > > Jack, Trust the Phase calibration you did. If you did it right (see
      > > > the SINGLE PIXEL DOT that I mentioned in another post) then it is ok
      > > > regardless of what your Panadapter is saying.
      > >
      > > Just so we understand here, I am using a receive only (V9) board so we
      > > may be confusing transmit VFO freq with the little blue numeric display
      > > on the PSDR panel.
      > >
      > > After calibrating, I look at those numbers to see how close they are to
      > > 10 mhz. They never quite get there and seem to have some quantum jumps
      > > around the zero level.
      > >
      > > js
      > >
      > > --
      > > PHOTO OF THE WEEK: http://schmidling.com/pow.htm
      > > Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver http://schmidling.com

    • K9ACT
      Message 49 of 49 , Sep 13, 2009
        Bob - K2KI wrote

        > A question or three... How far into the boot does the system go? Is it
        > hanging at post?

        Don't know what post means but it goes nowhere. Just displays a big
        screen saying HP Invented. If I unplug the SB and restart, I get that
        plus F9 and F10 options and then the usual startup if I do nothing.

        >And... Can you boot cold into safe mode?

        Not with SB plugged in... see above.

        >What service pack are you running? SP2 or 3?

        Both, I think.

        > 2 - Long shot...Is there an entry in the Bios of that computer to
        allow > "legacy" support of USB devices? Maybe in the pre-OS boot
        framework, the system can't deal... As I said, long shot...

        Someone else mentioned that but I do not know what it means. For what
        it's worth, the word "legacy" does not appear in the bios.

        js