WB6DHW USB INTERFACE

  • dar8421
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
      Hello Christos,

      I would like to thank you personally and all group members for the
      information and feedback that we are getting from the group which
      give us the nowledge to enter into the SFR world.

      I received yesterday from WB6DHW the SI570 USB Interface in KIT form
      and I do know which companion SW is suitable to control the SI570 via
      the USB port.

      I would appreciate if you could inform me where to find that file.

      Best regards

      Vasileios SV8ZZ
    • brainerd@wildblue.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
        On 31 Oct 2008 at 9:21, dar8421 wrote:

        > Hello Christos,
        >
        > I would like to thank you personally and all group members for the
        > information and feedback that we are getting from the group which
        > give us the nowledge to enter into the SFR world.
        >
        > I received yesterday from WB6DHW the SI570 USB Interface in KIT form
        > and I do know which companion SW is suitable to control the SI570 via
        > the USB port.
        >
        > I would appreciate if you could inform me where to find that file.
        >
        > Best regards
        >
        > Vasileios SV8ZZ

        The Si570 Kit that you ordered and I sent has no USB interface. It requires either an
        external control board such as my HSUSB or another controller board, or a connection to a
        PC parallel port.

        Dave - WB6DHW
        <http://wb6dhw.com>
      • dar8421
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
          Hello Dave,

          thanks for the quick response. I suppose that I can only use a
          program, like Guido's one, to control the SI570 via the parallel PC
          port
          regards
          Vasileios
          --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, brainerd@... wrote:

          > On 31 Oct 2008 at 9:21, dar8421 wrote:
          >
          > > Hello Christos,
          > >
          > > I would like to thank you personally and all group members for
          the
          > > information and feedback that we are getting from the group
          which
          > > give us the nowledge to enter into the SFR world.
          > >
          > > I received yesterday from WB6DHW the SI570 USB Interface in KIT
          form
          > > and I do know which companion SW is suitable to control the SI570
          via
          > > the USB port.
          > >
          > > I would appreciate if you could inform me where to find that file.
          > >
          > > Best regards
          > >
          > > Vasileios SV8ZZ
          > >
          > The Si570 Kit that you ordered and I sent has no USB interface.
          It requires either an
          > external control board such as my HSUSB or another controller
          board, or a connection to a
          > PC parallel port.
          >

          > Dave - WB6DHW
          > <http://wb6dhw.com>

        • Christos Nikolaou
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
            Hi Vasili,

            Read the announcement once more and I'm sure you will figure out what
            software you need.

            If you still feel a bit lost, its ok, in today's world everything is
            in fast forward motion, whereas the sdr hardware and software evolves
            like crazy.

            From what I understand you have Dave's board for the Si570 (I hope
            that you also do have the Si570 chip itself).
            Regardless of what is the sdr kit or design that you have or plan to
            have, you can use PowerSDR-IQ which can control the Si570 either with
            the plain old LPT or with the USB to I2C interface (of Tony's Softrock
            v9) or with HSUSB board from Dave.

            --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "dar8421" <dar8421@...> wrote:

            > Hello Dave,
            >
            > thanks for the quick response. I suppose that I can only use a
            > program, like Guido's one, to control the SI570 via the parallel PC
            > port
            > regards
            > Vasileios
            > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, brainerd@ wrote:
            > >
            > > On 31 Oct 2008 at 9:21, dar8421 wrote:
            > >
            > > > Hello Christos,
            > > >
            > > > I would like to thank you personally and all group members for
            > the
            > > > information and feedback that we are getting from the group
            > which
            > > > give us the nowledge to enter into the SFR world.
            > > >
            > > > I received yesterday from WB6DHW the SI570 USB Interface in KIT
            > form
            > > > and I do know which companion SW is suitable to control the SI570
            > via
            > > > the USB port.
            > > >
            > > > I would appreciate if you could inform me where to find that file.
            > > >
            > > > Best regards
            > > >
            > > > Vasileios SV8ZZ
            > > >
            > > The Si570 Kit that you ordered and I sent has no USB interface.
            > It requires either an
            > > external control board such as my HSUSB or another controller
            > board, or a connection to a
            > > PC parallel port.
            > >

            > > Dave - WB6DHW
            > > <http://wb6dhw.com>

          • dar8421
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
              Hi Christos,

              now it is to me clear what is going on with the SI570 control. I have
              Dave's interface so I will try at first place to control it through
              LPT port from PowerSDR-iq.

              I intent to get the softrock v6.3 and use the si570 with Dave's
              interface.

              Thanks again Christos for your support to me and to the whole group

              Vasileios SV8ZZ

              --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Christos Nikolaou" <sv1eia@...>