Re: Net book computer with P-sdr-IQ

  • w7rjc
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 17, 2009
      --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "david6ia" <daivi248@...> wrote:

      Hi David,
      Sorry about getting back to you so late. I was out of town.
      The ASUS Eee pc1000He sounds pretty hopeful as a portable for the softrock SDR's.
      I am thinking of using it with a 20M RxTx and also the 6.3.
      I have several questions (since I have never seen one)
      1.how many USB ports
      2.Is the button to set it to 1024X768 documented.
      3. HOW do you load programs into the PC1000? I have not seen a CD or DVD drive in it.
      4.Is the screen in 1024*768 acceptable?
      Thanks for all the help .. looks like others are interested also.
      Ray W7RJC

      > I am using ASUS Eee PC1000HE with Win XP Home.
      > I use the internal sound card and Power SDR V1.12.20
      > I have tested successfuly my V9 RX and my V6.3 RXTX with the USB interface.
      >
      > The PSDR has to be configured with LPT address =0.
      > The PC has to be configured for 1024X768 display, that is easy, there is a special button for that.
      >
      > Tesed it separately for rx and tx (Tune and SSB).
      >
      > The Mic input is stereo so no problem with I&Q.
      >
      > Have connected the headphones output for TX, but in that case it is not possible to hear the speakers when switching from tx to rx.
      > I would like to find a solution for that, probably to connect a power speaker in parralel with the tx input of the V6.3 RXTX???
      >
      > I hope that this helps,
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > David, 4X6IA
      >

      > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "w7rjc" <w7rjc@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all,
      > > Has anyone successfully used a netbook computer with P-sdr-IQ?
      > > What netbook was used?
      > > What operating system?
      > > What usb soundcard?
      > > What softrock version?
      > >
      > > Thanks for all info given. Ray W7RJC

    • david6ia
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 17, 2009
        Hi Ray,

        I will try to answer your questions at the same order as in your post:
        1. There are 3 USB ports.
        2. The button is documented under "Instant Keys" it is called "Resolution Key". Please note that in the 1024X768 case you can only see part of the full display and you can easily scroll by moving the mouse up and down. after you get used to it is not a big issue. The netbook has its advantages though.

        I use it on batteries only to avoid any PS related noise!

        3. The Eee is not my main computer and all of my software is downloadable so I don't need a CD or DVD drive.
        4. Please see my response to 2. above.

        I was lucky that my other notebook computer was "confiscated" by my daughter, so I had an excuse for buying the Eee :-)

        73 and GL,

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 18, 2009
          --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "david6ia" <daivi248@...> wrote:

          Hi David,
          Thanks for the help you've given me.
          I have, I think, found that the model Eee PC1000HE is not available. I have found other models from ASUS which "may" offer the same sdr advantages as the Eee PC1000HE, but I'm not sure yet. I did find some reconditioned ones. I will continue to look for one.
          Thanks again. Ray W7RJC