Greetings

  • K2KI
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2008
      Hello from Bob de k2ki in Vermont.

      ATM, I have 3 Softrock RXTX v6.2 kits that need to be put together. I
      also have the I2C controller from Tony plus the XTALL 1.1 board. Both
      I have assembled but they look FUGLY after I got done with them. :-)

      My hands shake terribly due to some neurological problem I have
      developed so soldering and work that requires fine motor skills have
      suffered.

      I have been looking at all of the various programs out there and find
      PowerSDR to be very high-end. I am especially pleased that it is open
      source and is being tailored to the Softrock (and others) community.

      Anyway, I just wanted to stick my head in the door and say hi.

      73, cul...
      Bob de k2ki
    • Ray
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2008
        Hi Bob and all

        I am new to the group so I will lay low, listen and learn. I am retired
        after many years in the electronics, communications and computer industry.
        My specialty is Quality Engineer and I was a principal engineer for
        Burroughs now UNISYS. My resume reads problem solver that recovers
        financial loses due to manufacturing, design and performance issues.
        I have been inline with just about every problem my companies have
        experienced and proud to say I have saved them millions of dollars in my
        career. Oh well enough about me - maybe some of you can fill me in on your
        background.

        My interest are SDR (I am still learning) and after all those years in
        computers with many mainframe languages I am intent of becoming proficient
        with C++ (again still learning). It seems I have been learning most of life
        my life and I like it that way.

        In addition to my C++ studies I have a 746PRO and a 756PRO3 and do most of
        my operation on HF CW, SSB and DIGIMOFDES. I have a backyard dipole at
        about 35 feet with an AH-4 tuner and it loads 160M to 6M. A modest station
        with fair capability and I have fun with it. I have two softrocks XCVR
        kitss 80/40 and 20/30 as well as the DDS Controller. Haven't built anything
        yet - had to have surgery done on my had for Dupetrens Disease that limited
        what I can do. I also play keyboards and get wrapped up every now and then
        in my music world, my hand also affected my ability to play well.

        My QTH is in Blaine Minnesota.

        So thanks for allowing me into your circle I am sure that I will enjoy it.
        The problem is reading the tons of email from all the groups so once in a
        while I will shut down a group or two just so I can pay more attention to
        other issues. LOL

        73, Ray, N0FY