Powersdr as transceiver

  • Uli
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
      Hi,
      in the moment I use SoftRock V6.2 RXTX (40/30m) - xtall controlled, no USB interface - and KGKSDR V1.1 as software for transmit and receive. In conjunction with loop.dll I can operate in SSB, CW and several digimodes. It works great !!!
      Powersdr is working excellent in receive mode.
      Now I like to transmit with powersdr-iq.
      Please, can you tell me how to interface Softrock with powersdr (keyer, PTT ...).
      Can I use loop.dll ?

      Many thanks

      73
      Uli
      Df5SF
    • Christos Nikolaou
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
        Hi Uli,

        You need to take control of the PTT and LO.
        That can be achieved with LPT port.
        Check the 'LPT connections.pdf' document in PowerSDR-IQ googlecode downloads
        ->http://code.google.com/p/powersdr-iq/downloads/list
        You need to pay attention to voltage levels of LPT and the relevant inputs as PTT of softrock and specially the Si570 SDA/SCL where you should need a level converter.
        Regarding loop.dll, the functionality is there but this is a third party module. Although quite optimistic, it proved that on Tx had sortcomings at least a couple months back when I tested it so I avoid it, I use VAC.

        --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Uli" <uli@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > in the moment I use SoftRock V6.2 RXTX (40/30m) - xtall controlled, no USB interface - and KGKSDR V1.1 as software for transmit and receive. In conjunction with loop.dll I can operate in SSB, CW and several digimodes. It works great !!!
        > Powersdr is working excellent in receive mode.
        > Now I like to transmit with powersdr-iq.
        > Please, can you tell me how to interface Softrock with powersdr (keyer, PTT ...).
        > Can I use loop.dll ?
        >
        > Many thanks
        >
        > 73
        > Uli
        > Df5SF

      • Earl Rubin
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
          I think it would be helpful to have a PTT solution that does not rely on a parallel port.  Many/most new computers don't have them.

          --
          Earl 4z4tj
        • Christos Nikolaou
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 5, 2009
            Earl,

            You miss the current functionality. It is already there in USB.

            --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, Earl Rubin <earl.rubin@...> wrote:

            > I think it would be helpful to have a PTT solution that does not rely on a
            > parallel port. Many/most new computers don't have them.
            >
            > --
            > Earl 4z4tj

          • Earl Rubin
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 7, 2009
              Hi

              I am still unable to use PWRSDR 1.12.20 on transmit.

              If I activate the transmit function (un-click the "receive only" box in the hardware configuration tab) the program locks in transmit.

              My setup is as follows:
              • computer dual 2 core E6550 ASUS board
              • on board sound card + Delta 44
              • windows XP Pro + SP2
              • NO parallel port on this computer.

              RXTX 6.2 + XTALL + USB controller

              EXTIO_Si570.dll
              I have tried three versions of ATtiny firmware:  original as supplied by Tony with USB controller, new ATtiny from Tony for v 9.0 receiver, Fred's latest from Cecil.

              Receives well on with the PWRSDR but does not have "smooth tune"  - i.e. the screen jumps with every change in frequency.

              All a/m works well with Rocky 6.5 and Winrad so I do not believe there are operating system or hardware problems and I am probably missing some key PWRSDR setup detail that is  obvious to the more experienced and knowledgable.

              I am looking forward to operating SSB with my SR so any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

              Thanks,

              Earl 4Z4TJ

            • Christos Nikolaou
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 8, 2009
                Earl,

                It seems that you have a value in LPT port setting although you have no LPT. Put 0 in LPT port address in Setup pages. You can also check Ignore PTT checkbox in Setup Options.