Re: Announcement for PowerSDR-IQ v1.12.20 with Effective Image Adjustment

  • hsdx@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 3 12:27 AM
      --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Christos Nikolaou" <sv1eia@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > A new version with a long waited experimental image adjustment is
      > available.
      > This new version has an automated image calibration during reception
      > so no more phase/gain IQ calibration is required from the user.
      >
      > Effective Image Adjustment, EIA, is a button on the front console,
      > when activated during Rx can nullify the images without any
      > intervention of the operator. It is adaptive to every band and every
      > IF used and works with agile LO frequency control, not just with
      > center frequency.
      > In full viewable spectrum (192KHz) achieves more than 70dB of image
      > suppression.
      >
      > Download PowerSDR-IQ v1.12.20 Setup.msi from GoogleCode filelist
      > ->http://code.google.com/p/powersdr-iq/downloads/list
      > or directly

      ->http://powersdr-iq.googlecode.com/files/PowerSDR-IQ%20v1.12.20%20Setup.msi

      Hi Christos,

      I got the software working with softrock V8.3 and ic2/avr. Is the
      tuning position fixed on the right side of the screen as I can only
      tune by right clicking on another area of the screen then left
      clicking on a ssb signal. When I do this the tuning is unpredictable
      and I never see the signal I was after. The other way that works is
      to increment the LO up or down. Can you can give me a tip on how to
      tune with the mouse?

      Well done, lots of controls....
      Steve
      2E0ZEH
    • Christos Nikolaou
      Message 2 of 27 , Mar 3 3:57 AM
        Hi Steve,

        Lots of controls and lots of things to take care of :)

        It seems that your audio card is setup on 48KHz and this way your
        VFO-A passband is to the far right of the screen.
        You need to go to 96KHz in Setup->Audio
        Also you can move up/down the frequency with the mouse wheel and the
        step/size of adjustable on the top of the console.
        Finally you can dial in the frequency you want on the VFO-A box
        directly with the numeric keypad.