Skip to search.

12C interface smooth tune question

  • joe price
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 21, 2009
      Hello Christos,

      I'm trying to help a friend via phone who has a KB9YIG receiver
      using the12C interface to work correctly. Since I use the parallel port
      I'm uncertain the the USB software functions the same.
      He can tune the SI570 without a problem but the receiver pops
      while tuning it's as if the smooth tuning is not working using the
      USB interface. My question is does version .06 have the Smooth
      Tuning when using USB 12C ?
      On anothe subject would it be possibe to add the AUTO Image function
      to the code for the SDR 1000 ? I use the the version that you created
      for the SI570 but the filters are demuxed as per the Flex.

      Joe wa9cgz
    • pe0fko
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 21, 2009
        Hi Joe,

        I tested the new version PSDR of Christos with my firmware V15.9 that
        support 'smooth tune', 'automatic band pass filter selection' and 'one
        site calibration'. And it works smooth :-)
        Check my website for more info
        <http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/SR-V9-Si570/>.

        73, Fred
        PE0FKO

        joe price wrote:

        > Hello Christos,
        >
        > I'm trying to help a friend via phone who has a KB9YIG receiver
        > using the12C interface to work correctly. Since I use the parallel port
        > I'm uncertain the the USB software functions the same.
        > He can tune the SI570 without a problem but the receiver pops
        > while tuning it's as if the smooth tuning is not working using the
        > USB interface. My question is does version .06 have the Smooth
        > Tuning when using USB 12C ?
        > On anothe subject would it be possibe to add the AUTO Image function
        > to the code for the SDR 1000 ? I use the the version that you created
        > for the SI570 but the filters are demuxed as per the Flex.
        >
        > Joe wa9cgz

      • Christos Nikolaou
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 21, 2009
          Joe,

          It's been some time, and I'm happy to see you.
          I do remember your own setup, you were one of the persons that
          convinced me that there are capable homebrewers and software needs to
          be produced for them !! :)

          Well, the USBtoI2C has been many times referenced. There are no plans
          to support it here more than what has been done so far.
          IMHO the most appropriate place for further development for this
          interface is sdr-kits and their PowerSDR flavor.

          --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, pe0fko <pe0fko@...> wrote:

          > Hi Joe,
          >
          > I tested the new version PSDR of Christos with my firmware V15.9 that
          > support 'smooth tune', 'automatic band pass filter selection' and 'one
          > site calibration'. And it works smooth :-)
          > Check my website for more info
          > <http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/SR-V9-Si570/>.
          >
          > 73, Fred
          > PE0FKO
          >
          > joe price wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello Christos,
          > >
          > > I'm trying to help a friend via phone who has a KB9YIG receiver
          > > using the12C interface to work correctly. Since I use the parallel
          port
          > > I'm uncertain the the USB software functions the same.
          > > He can tune the SI570 without a problem but the receiver pops
          > > while tuning it's as if the smooth tuning is not working using the
          > > USB interface. My question is does version .06 have the Smooth
          > > Tuning when using USB 12C ?
          > > On anothe subject would it be possibe to add the AUTO Image function
          > > to the code for the SDR 1000 ? I use the the version that you created
          > > for the SI570 but the filters are demuxed as per the Flex.
          > >
          > > Joe wa9cgz

        • g8voip
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 21, 2009
            Hi all,

            I have just installed the new SDR-IQ v1.12.20, and confirm it works
            fine with Fred, PE0FKO's new v15.9 firmware for the SoftRock v9.0
            receiver. This provides full smooth tuning and automatic band pass
            filter control using the USB-I2C interface.

            You do not need to use any extra dll files, but must set-up Fred's
            firmware from the Winrad set-up screens to use the 'ABPF' function option.

            Christos, many thanks for the automatic image rejection, great
            improvement,

            73, Bob G8VOI

            --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Christos Nikolaou" <sv1eia@...>
            wrote:

            > Joe,
            >
            > It's been some time, and I'm happy to see you.
            > I do remember your own setup, you were one of the persons that
            > convinced me that there are capable homebrewers and software needs to
            > be produced for them !! :)
            >
            > Well, the USBtoI2C has been many times referenced. There are no plans
            > to support it here more than what has been done so far.
            > IMHO the most appropriate place for further development for this
            > interface is sdr-kits and their PowerSDR flavor.

            > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, pe0fko <pe0fko@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Joe,
            > >
            > > I tested the new version PSDR of Christos with my firmware V15.9
            that
            > > support 'smooth tune', 'automatic band pass filter selection' and
            'one
            > > site calibration'. And it works smooth :-)
            > > Check my website for more info
            > > <http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/SR-V9-Si570/>.
            > >
            > > 73, Fred
            > > PE0FKO
            > >
            > > joe price wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hello Christos,
            > > >
            > > > I'm trying to help a friend via phone who has a KB9YIG receiver
            > > > using the12C interface to work correctly. Since I use the parallel
            > port
            > > > I'm uncertain the the USB software functions the same.
            > > > He can tune the SI570 without a problem but the receiver pops
            > > > while tuning it's as if the smooth tuning is not working using the
            > > > USB interface. My question is does version .06 have the Smooth
            > > > Tuning when using USB 12C ?
            > > > On anothe subject would it be possibe to add the AUTO Image function
            > > > to the code for the SDR 1000 ? I use the the version that you
            created
            > > > for the SI570 but the filters are demuxed as per the Flex.
            > > >
            > > > Joe wa9cgz

          • joe price
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 21, 2009
              Thanks to all who replied. I understand what my friend
              needs to do.
              Now for a few more questions I use a old version (12.1) of
              software on my Flex clone that has been modified to us a SI570.
              I use the EXT control function which is demuxed to switch
              both the BPF and LPF. Does version 06 and later have this incorporated?
              I tried enabling the EXTIO but it didn't allow control of my filters.
              I also tried enabling PM-SDR under EXTIO i'm not sure what this does
              but now i get a error message (unable to load EXTIO-PMSDR.DLL).
              after restarting the computer the software won't load it stops with
              the same DLL message. I did a uninstall and a new reload but it won't
              work. I'm unable to load the new software on my main computer
              because of otheR versions installed I would like to install
              without removing my existing Version 12.2 to keep from loosing
              all the TX and RX image data.
              Another question what is the function of the box to the right
              of one marked EIA?

              Joe wa9cgz