Cannot unzip(open) PSDR manual in links section

  • lbs983405
    Message 1 of 18 , May 7, 2014

      Christo told me to go to the links section and read the PSDR manual.

      I found it there...but I can not open or unzip it.

      The message is file is invalid???

      What do I need to do to read the manual??

      Thanks,

      Lee

      Message 2 of 18 , May 8, 2014
        Hi Lee,

        Thanks for bringing this into attention.

        I checked and yes you are right, the Flexradio links are no longer valid due to a recent change in Flexsite downloads.

        I now changed the manual link and it is pointing to the right place so you can give it another try.

        I'll also try to update any other broken links from there.

      • lbs983405
        Message 3 of 18 , May 8, 2014
          Christos,
          OK...thanks for taking care of that.

          Also, I spent 5 hours with a HAM that has a Peaberry working fine with the Powersdr-iq (your code) and he loves it...however no matter what we tried on my Softrock TXRX Ensemble we can not get transmit to send out any RF.

          I am using a external (non-supported) sound card, it is the Sound Blaster SBX Pro Studio  5.1 USB unit. This USB sound card and the Softrock TXRX work fine for xmit on HDSDR.

          It seems like RX is fine but the TX IQ signals do not get to the radio.

          I have not heard from anyone here or on Softrock forum that says they have this combination working so I think it will not since a very experienced PSDR guy signed onto my PC and tried to make it work????

          Thanks again,
          Have a great day!

          73,

          Message 4 of 18 , May 8, 2014
            Lee,

            At least two things come to mind.
            First click on TUN button, set the drive slider to 100 and you should have RF out from the rig, even without any mic configured.
            If RF is not comming out, then simply listen to the line out that you use for Tx-IQ and do a TUN again, if nothing heard then something is there in the PC setup tthat prohibits the LineOut.

            Secondly, for mic to work with non-supported cards, you should enable the VAC function which is a bit complicated and needs fiddling with it until you have a working setup.

          • lbs983405
            Message 5 of 18 , May 8, 2014
              Christos,
              I have tried what you suggested...no RF out at all.

              I do not see anywhere ..where you can spicfy the sound card port/line that I want to use for Tx-IQ.

              In the main audio config. I have the SBX USB sound card line in selected and RX works correctly. On the Output config I have the PC speakers config so I can hear the signals.
              I find nowhere to specify the line out to the radio (IQ)??
              So. ther eis no line out Tx-IQ happening at all??
              Thanks,
              Lee

              Lee Simmonds
              Summit DCS LLC

              260-799-4077 Office
              260-403-6936 Cell

              Message 6 of 18 , May 8, 2014
                Ok, that explains it.

                As I said, with unsupported cards, you have to enable the VAC function, it is a workaround for those that have only unsupported cards, (AND HAVE A second audio card for mic/spk) try to see some links on how to do that.
                With one audio card, you have only one line in and one line out ports so these are only half of what are needed.

                PowerSDR needs 4 audio ports, 2 inputs (1 stereo for IQRx and 1 stereo/mono for mic) and 2 outputs (1 stereo for IQTx and 1 stereo for speakers)

                As I always point out, you need supported  audio cards for proper work either FA66 or D44 which have all the audio ports required avoiding any VAC workaround.

              • lbs983405
                Message 7 of 18 , May 8, 2014
                  Christos,
                  My friend hasPSDR working with Peaberry ...is that a supported card? He has only the Peaberry and the audio card built into his PC

                  I do have 4 ports.
                  I have Audio in and out both HD  stereo on the laptop.
                  And of course I have the external USB Sound Blaster SBX Pro 5.1 which has stereo in and stereo out.

                  I still need to do the VAC thing??

                  Going forward what do we do as both the cards supported are no longer available. (FA66 & D44)

                  The software must automatically set the IQ output to the same card as the IQ input IF you use a supported card??

                  Thanks,
                  Lee

                  Lee Simmonds
                  Summit DCS LLC

                  260-799-4077 Office
                  260-403-6936 Cell

                  Message 8 of 18 , May 8, 2014
                    I do not know exactly about your friend's setup,
                    yet from what I understand he has all the 4 ports needed,
                    Two from his rig since it contais a codec and two from his standard audio in his pc, so I guess he has to use the VAC (the VAC function of PSDR).

                    For you, yes, you have to enable the VAC in your setup, so one card will be only to rig's side RxIQ and TxIQ (most likely the external with the good performance) and the other card the PC internal, setup to the VAC pages of PSDR.

                    Please, for more info, see past posts in the group, that is a subject that has extensively discussed years back.

                  • lbs983405
                    Message 9 of 18 , May 8, 2014
                      Christos,
                      OK, you have me on the right path...so now I will go do my homework...

                      IF you say this can be made to work I will work hard to make it happen.

                      Thanks,
                      Lee, KC9CDT

                      Lee Simmonds
                      Summit DCS LLC

                      260-799-4077 Office
                      260-403-6936 Cell

                      Message 10 of 18 , May 9, 2014
                        M Audio Delta 44 Cards US$20.00 on Ebay

                        M-Audio Delta 410 PCI Recording System

                        This card is still available and supported by M Audio!

                        Best Regards Eric VK5ZAG
                      • Joseph LaFerla
                        Message 11 of 18 , May 10, 2014
                          Does anyone know if this is a supported card using the Delta 44 option in PSDR?

                          Sent from Windows Mail

                          Message 12 of 18 , May 10, 2014
                            Don't know...but what good is it without the breakout cable??
                            73,
                            Lee

                            Message 13 of 18 , May 10, 2014
                              There is an interface sold by Tony
                              that completely replaces the box and cable. That's what I use.

                              Message 14 of 18 , May 10, 2014
                                Ah, Very nice....
                                Is the Ederol (Roland) FA-66 a good way to go with softrock & Powersdr too??
                                I use a laptop.
                                73,
                                Lee

                                Message 15 of 18 , May 10, 2014
                                  Don’t know but my D44 works flawlessly with my Ensemble RxTx and Powersdr.  If it works the 410 looks like a nice card too and reasonably priced.  I am reluctant to buy it without knowing though.  The only way to go with Powersdr is to use a supported card.

                                  73
                                  Joe

                                  Sent from Windows Mail

                                  Message 16 of 18 , May 10, 2014
                                    FA 66 is the de-facto standard.
                                    Its used from all the SDR-1000/PowerSDR Flexradio users.
                                    Yet its pricey and requires a FireWire.
                                  • lbs983405
                                    Message 17 of 18 , May 10, 2014
                                      A friend of mine uses Peaberry's and he says they work FB with Powersdr???
                                      Does the Peaberry look like a supported card to Powersdr??
                                      73,
                                      Lee

                                      Message 18 of 18 , May 10, 2014
                                        The short answer is No.
                                        I guess he uses the VAC PowerSDR function to 'merge' his two audio cards.