Transvert switch...

  • bent_andersen@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 19, 2014
      Hi All

      I have a UHFSDR transiver and USB2SDR sound card and run fine .... now it
      it would be nice to be able to change various transverter with the help of the PSDR
      but it is impossible .... so my question is ... how do you change your transverter
      still the old-fashioned mechanical switch  ????

      OZ1CT Bent

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 20, 2014

        Hi Bent,

        Have a look at this implementation with transverter usage having UHFSDR and USB2SDR, it might be useful.

        -> http://sv1ixp.wordpress.com/

      • wa9cgz
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 20, 2014
          Bret,
          I have a 6 meter transverter becauce I never was happy with the performance of the orignal Flex1K
          switches. I use 14.5MHZ as the IF along with a old-fashioned switch. On the old fashioned Flex the external
          control leads where muxed on the LPT1 port which no longer exist.

          Joe  wa9cgz
        • bent_andersen@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 21, 2014
             Hi Christios

            this page is very nice....but there is no construktions about building a "switch".... if we just could get
            PSDR to use the UBC code in the transverter setup....  realy nice just to clik on the PSDR cange band and
            then run the DX ;-)

            OZ1CT Bent

          • bent_andersen@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 24, 2014
              HI Christos

              This page is very nice...but there is no inf about any "switch-system"..... but on the USB2SDR card we have a I2C bus on DB15 pin 13+14  is possible to get some inf about this port ??? is this working whit PSDR ?? and  is it possible to use a PCF8574 ic as http://k3tuf.com/FW.html is using on his small board...

              OZ1CT Bent
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 24, 2014
                Bent, you are talking about the flexwire proprietary protocol, so its something that is not implemented here.
              • bent_andersen@ymail.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 25, 2014
                  Hi Christos

                  ok about the Flexwire port.... so we can not get any info out on the I2C bus at DB15 conn ???

                  Bent
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 25, 2014

                    The I2C lines on DB15 are used to be control the Si570 so far.

                    I understand that you want some automated (via DB15) means of control for your normal to transverter and vice versa transition, yet that is not implemented currently.

                    You can quite easily use a simple manual switch for it though..