Announcement: USB2SDR & HPADC on Indiegogo

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 27, 2013
      Hi,

      It has been quite some time since the previous USB2SDR offering, yet the demand from users is still going on. And that demand and user interest makes me to take this initiative.

      Due to local reasons, considering the difficult situation here in Greece, any thoughts on moving on with a new batch of boards were suppressed.

      That has changed and the reason for this is the relevant new concept of crowdfunding, that concept can be used here and assist all of us.

      So I decided to start a campaign on Indiegogo, one of the most reputable crowdfunding sites.

      Thus, any of you want to have a new USB2SDR and/or a HPADC, you can do that via the Indiegogo USB2SDR campaign.

      http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/usb2sdr-software-defined-radio-startup

      Any support, even a small contribution, does count.
      If somebody just wants to acknowledge the effort of a freeware developer like me, is most certainly welcome and can do that too in the Indiegogo campaign.

      Best 73,
      Christos SV1EIA
    • Earl
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 28, 2013
        Hi Christos,

        Thanks for informing me about the new project.  I made a contribution under the name of my Canadian call sign:   VA6TJ.

        I am not sure if I will eventually purchase a board but in any event, I highly value all the help and support that I have received from you and other members of Power SDR, and I wanted to participate in this small way.

        Keep up the good work.

        73

        Earl  VA6TJ // 4Z4TJ

        On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 9:07 PM, <sv1eia@...> wrote:

[...]

        Earl Rubin
        Water Valley AB
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 28, 2013
          Thank you Earl,
          Every bit counts here.

          Best 73,
          Christos SV1EIA

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 21, 2013
            Hi all,

            I want to thank all those who participated in our Indiegogo effort.

            The campaign has ended and its target was not met, thus all who contributed will get a refund from Indiegogo who is holding all funds.

            Best regards & 73,

            Christos SV1EIA

          • Peter Horne
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 21, 2013
              On 21/12/2013 11:23, sv1eia@... wrote:
              ��

              Hi all,

              I want to thank all those who participated in our Indiegogo effort.

              The campaign has ended and its target was not met, thus all who contributed will get a refund from Indiegogo who is holding all funds.

              Best regards & 73,

              Christos SV1EIA

              I'm really sorry to hear that Christos. If you find another awy to finance the USB2SDR nad HPadc I will still be interested.
              73's and Good Luck for 2014
              Peter G3JRH
            • kb9gpm
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 22, 2013
                It's a shame it didn't make if over the target.  I would still be interested too if you try again.

                73
                David KB9GPM
              • Tim W4YN
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 22, 2013
                  Sad day I was hoping this would take off.
                  I do not need funds back, use them for you next project!
                  Tim w4yn

                  --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, Peter Horne <petertheannex@...> wrote:

                  > On 21/12/2013 11:23, sv1eia@... wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi all,
                  > >
                  > > I want to thank all those who participated in our Indiegogo effort.
                  > >
                  > > The campaign has ended and its target was not met, thus all who
                  > > contributed will get a refund from Indiegogo who is holding all funds.
                  > >
                  > > Best regards & 73,
                  > >
                  > > Christos SV1EIA
                  > >

                  > I'm really sorry to hear that Christos. If you find another awy to
                  > finance the USB2SDR nad HPadc I will still be interested.
                  > 73's and Good Luck for 2014
                  > Peter G3JRH

                • Marciniak, Ed
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 22, 2013
                    I'd like to think that ending a campaign near but before Christmas ‎is bad for something where you're looking at committing a few hundred USD. For something that is maybe 50 USD or less, it wouldn't have been a factor.

                    I'd like to think I'm not the only one with travel plans or other commitments. I'm interested in one but it just wasn't doable for December and in November I paid for airline tickets.

                    ‎Perhaps there'll be a new campaign.

                    73,

                    Ed
                    NB0M

                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 22, 2013
                      Hi Tim,

                      Thank you for your kind words and your generosity.

                      Yet the way this campaign works, is that I receive the funds only if the target is met, prior to this all funds are held by Indiegogo and are returned automatically from Indiegogo to all contributors in the event of not reaching the goal.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 22, 2013
                        Hi Ed,

                        That gives me something to think about for a new one.

                        Thanks & 73,
                        Christos SV1EIA
                      • GEORGE QUARTERMAN
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 23, 2013

                          Hello Christos,

                          Very sorry to hear of the failure of the funding project.

                          I was particularly interested in the application for the SDR-1000,
                           there must be many of these about not being used because of the parallel port difficuties.

                          When i get my refund i would be very happy to pass it on to you personally, and would
                          certainly support you again if you have another go at raising funds.

                          Very best wishes for christmas and the New Year to you and all the group.

                          73,George, G3NHX.
                        • kb9gpm
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 23, 2013
                            Would it be possible to set a smaller target?  Something like smaller run or boards.  Then if needed later, you could do other smaller runs.
                            Message 13 of 13 , Dec 24, 2013
                              Hi David,

                              This is a factory-ready made work, so a manufacturer is involved.
                              We are already at the minimum order qty (150) that makes sense price-wise and the majority of factories do not go for low number jobs (less than 1K qty), they do not even give you a quotation or they give you a really discouraging one.
                              On the other hand, if we wnated to make this cheaper to the end user and we were going for 1K qty, then the end user price would probably get drastically reduced, even halved, but still the amount needed to be raised would be in hundreds of thousands.