Kickstarter.com

  • Richard Mogford
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2013

      Christos

      You know, I just heard about something called “Kickstarter.”  It is a web site where people post proposals for projects and can receive funding.  People who look at the ideas and inventions contribute money to the project.  The project has to reach a specific funding goal before the inventor receives the money.

      You might want to consider it to help fund your very worthwhile work.

      http://www.kickstarter.com/

      Richard

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2013
        Thanks Richard,

        I'm already thinking along these lines.
        Yet the one refered is only for North America residents as project starters.

        There are others though, quite larger, that allow everyone and give a better framework.

        Actually I've already started working on a major crowdfunding site and populating the project campaign there.

        Very soon I hope that I will have news for this to anounce here.

      • Richard Mogford
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2013

          Christos

          Do you have any suggestions on installing the EDIROL FA-66 drivers?

          I have been trying to set up the device for hours.  I got an email back from Roland, but what they suggested does not work.

          I have a Thinkpad R51 that has a built in Firewire connection.

          I am running Windows 7 32 bit.

          I have downloaded the latest drivers from Roland, but the driver setup will not finish. It just hangs at the last stage of the installation process.

          The manual they have on line does not seem to apply to Windows 7 (the instructions are not correct.)  I have tried installing and uninstalling many times now, and even trying to install from the Device Manager.  I have my virus and firewall options turned off and I removed the requirement for driver signing.  The Firewire device has the latest drivers.

          There seem to be two “subs” and the main driver that show up in different place in the Device Manager.

          Any suggestions would be appreciated!

          Richard

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 2, 2013
            Richard,

            I do not have the FA-66 myself, yet two friends of mine do have it and working with PSDR on W7/32 and W8/64 so I guess it works ok.
            There is some info (for older O.S. though) on the links section
            -> http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/powersdr-iq/links/all
            with a link named Roland FA-66 Setup, you can have a look at it for connections.

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 2, 2013
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 3, 2013
                I do remember that you must uninstall any previous attempt to install the FA-66 drivers before attempting further installation.
                It pays to remove any other unwanted drivers from your installation anyway. This helps to prevent conflicts.
                Note also that windoze has some problems with firewire for which there is a patch. Though this might only apply to XP. Also only the Texas Instruments firewire chip is recommended for the FA-66 though others will operate.

                To get rid of unwanted drivers, devices or services.
                1. Open the start menue and chose Run.
                2. Type "cmd" and click OK
                3. Type "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1" (enter)
                4. type "devmgmt.msc" (enter)
                5. In System/device manager console, from View menue, select Show Hidden Devices.
                6. find any device you wish to remove
                7. right click and choose uninstall to remove completely.
                note that devices not present will be greyed out but can still be removed.
                when finished type "exit".
                Start all over to remove another driver etc.
                It is time consuming but removing unwanted unneeded drivers can
                speed up and make driver selection flow better in Windoze.
                A system that has had a few different "sound cards" installed
                will retain the drivers for those cards and conflicts can and do occur even when the cards are not present.

                Regards to all 73 Eric VK5ZAG. SR6.3/MoBo4.3/USB2SDR/PSDR-IQ/400W P.A./160-10m/Preamp-attenuator/all GUI interfaced all with seamless operation, all modes. Thanks largely to Christos and others.
              • Richard Mogford
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 3, 2013

                  Thanks!  I will try this.  Do you have any information on the Firewire patch?

                  Richard

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 3, 2013
                    Richard,
                    For Windoze 7
                    http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/Firewire-1.htm
                    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg454502.aspx
                    For Windoze XP
                    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310433
                    It might be as well if you searched for these sort of things first,
                    before asking for others to do so. We most all stand ready to help,
                    but have time restraints as do we all.
                    Best Regards Eric VK5ZAG