PowerSDR-IQ and Peaberry V2

  • Phil N8VB
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 5, 2013
      Hello,

      Is anyone on the list successfully using PowerSDR-IQ with the Peaberry V2 SDR for receive as well as transmit?

      73 Phil N8VB
    • kf5kog
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 6, 2013
        --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Phil N8VB" <p.covington@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > Is anyone on the list successfully using PowerSDR-IQ with the Peaberry V2 SDR for receive as well as transmit?
        >
        > 73 Phil N8VB

        I am Phil, works good using ver 2.4.4
        Stew, 73 KF5KOG
      • Phil N8VB
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 8, 2013
          --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "kf5kog" <longbowstew@...> wrote:

          > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Phil N8VB" <p.covington@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > Is anyone on the list successfully using PowerSDR-IQ with the Peaberry V2 SDR for receive as well as transmit?
          > >
          > > 73 Phil N8VB
          > >

          > I am Phil, works good using ver 2.4.4
          > Stew, 73 KF5KOG

          Hi Stew,

          Thanks for the response. Could you share how you have setup PowerSDR to work with the Peaberry V2? Specifically, how do you set PowerSDR up for transmit with the Peaberry?

          73 Phil N8VB
        • Stew KF5KOG
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 8, 2013
            Phil,

            I'll try and get the info/screen shots to you this evening otherwise on Monday after or family trip.

            I hope I'm not miss leading you because I just found out today there is an issue with the V2 and this software discussed on another reflector.  I also have a V1 along with other parallel projects and may have gotten them confused.  I'll verify tonight.

            Stew

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 8, 2013
              Hi Stew,

              The V1 works with PowerSDR. I think there is a problem getting V2 to work with PowerSDR since the microphone input and speaker output was eliminated. The only software that I have found so far that works with Peaberry V2 is HDSDR.

              73 Phil

              --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, Stew KF5KOG <longbowstew@...> wrote:

              > Phil,
              >
              > I'll try and get the info/screen shots to you this evening otherwise on Monday after or family trip.
              >
              > I hope I'm not miss leading you because I just found out today there is an issue with the V2 and this software discussed on another reflector. I also have a V1 along with other parallel projects and may have gotten them confused. I'll verify tonight.
              >
              > Stew
              > KF5KOG

            • kf5kog
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 8, 2013
                Phil, I up loaded some screen shots. TX works fine. over one watt. I'm not sure what the audio out voltage is so I set it to 1V. I have well over 1W output on 30/20 and 17/15 meters. Not being able to monitor audio when using VAC for digital modes is an issue I haven't found a solution for. HDSDR looks to be the same way.

                Stew
                KF5KOG

                --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Phil N8VB" <p.covington@...> wrote:

                > Hi Stew,
                >
                > The V1 works with PowerSDR. I think there is a problem getting V2 to work with PowerSDR since the microphone input and speaker output was eliminated. The only software that I have found so far that works with Peaberry V2 is HDSDR.
                >
                > 73 Phil
                >

                > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, Stew KF5KOG <longbowstew@> wrote:
                > >

                > > Phil,
                > >
                > > I'll try and get the info/screen shots to you this evening otherwise on Monday after or family trip.
                > >
                > > I hope I'm not miss leading you because I just found out today there is an issue with the V2 and this software discussed on another reflector. I also have a V1 along with other parallel projects and may have gotten them confused. I'll verify tonight.
                > >
                > > Stew
                > > KF5KOG

              • Milt Cram
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 9, 2013
                  Stew,

                  Use Audio Repeater (that is distributed with VAC) to allow monitoring of
                  the audio.

                  Milt
                  W8NUE

                  On 8/8/2013 6:27 PM, kf5kog wrote:
                  Phil, I up loaded some screen shots. TX works fine. over one watt.
                  I'm not sure what the audio out voltage is so I set it to 1V. I have
                  well over 1W output on 30/20 and 17/15 meters. Not being able to monitor
                  audio when using VAC for digital modes is an issue I haven't found a
                  solution for. HDSDR looks to be the same way.

                  Stew
                  KF5KOG
                • bxyza
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 9, 2013
                    Stew has put the screen shots of the setup in the PowerSDR-iq photos section. He has verified it is working with Peaberry V2 but no speaker out sound when sending, not a big deal missing that, but I think the Audio Repeater function from the Author of VAC Eugene Muzychenko can direct the VAC/Audio output to a local speaker.
                    Bill
                    KD8IGK

                    --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Phil N8VB" <p.covington@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Stew,
                    >
                    > The V1 works with PowerSDR. I think there is a problem getting V2 to work with PowerSDR since the microphone input and speaker output was eliminated. The only software that I have found so far that works with Peaberry V2 is HDSDR.
                    >
                    > 73 Phil
                    >

                    > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, Stew KF5KOG <longbowstew@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Phil,
                    > >
                    > > I'll try and get the info/screen shots to you this evening otherwise on Monday after or family trip.
                    > >
                    > > I hope I'm not miss leading you because I just found out today there is an issue with the V2 and this software discussed on another reflector. I also have a V1 along with other parallel projects and may have gotten them confused. I'll verify tonight.
                    > >
                    > > Stew
                    > > KF5KOG

                  • kf5kog
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 12, 2013
                      Milt,

                      Works like a champ! I up loaded a new photo with my settings.

                      Stew
                      73 KF5KOG