slightly off topic

  • Earl
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2013
      I recently acquired a Baofeng UV-5RE HT which uses a RDA 1846 DSP chip. http://www.rdamicro.com/products/detail_122.aspx The schematic for the HT is here. http://www.uv3r.com/images/Schematic-Baofeng-UV5R.pdf

      Would it be possible to take I/Q sigs off the RDA1846 ? I have read this can be done with the TI DSP chips in HF rigs.

      Soldering on the board might be a real issue....

      At <$45 per XCVR delivered this could possibly be a way to get on VHF / UHF WSPR.

      Earl, VA6TJ
    • Don Rolph

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2013
          Better perhaps? to try to find a chip which uses the RDA1847
          which has off-chip access for I and Q:

          http://www.rdamicro.com/Products/Detail_251.aspx

          Looking at the sparse datasheet for the RDA1846 it does not
          appear to offer I/Q off the chip.

          Jim, WB5WPA