Re: query on transmit setup

  • Earl Rubin
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 6, 2013
      Eric

      Thanks for your reply but I believe that the issue is not related to  latency, whcih  is not likely going to be an issue at the 12 - 16 WPM CW I am capable of.

      Here are more details on what I am seeing.

      Receiver functions normally.

      Transmit on USB, LSB, DSB and AM modes appear normal.
      Transmit on CWU or CWL with iambic enables results in motorboating at ~ 1 Hz with maximum power output, with or without the paddles connected.
      Transmit on CWU or CWL with iambic disabled results in a steady transmitted signal, like tune, but at maxium power.
      Tune function works normal.

      All tests during Ensemble kit construction were ok but I am going to look again at the circuit around the keying jack.  I have assembled  the whole series of Softrock kits and never encountered a problem like this.

      Any more suggestions will definitely be welcome.

      73, VA6TJ

      --
      Earl Rubin
      Water Valley AB
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 6, 2013
        Earl

        I don't think the problem is in your construction. I am experiencing the same thing. The voltages on pin 1 and 6 of the PIC are fine but still the dash is on when selecting cw.  I think the issue is in psdr-iq.

        Ken VA3SK

        -- Sent from my HP TouchPad

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2013
          Keying the key input jack to the softrock does not tell PSDR that
          you are transmitting. When running PSDR you must key the softrock
          through PSDR via a serial com port. Setup/DSP/Keying. Your key
          connects to the COM port and you key PSDR which in turn keys the
          softrock.

          Regards 73 Eric VK5ZAG

          --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, Earl Rubin <earl.rubin@...> wrote:

          > Eric
          >
          > Thanks for your reply but I believe that the issue is not related to
          > latency, whcih is not likely going to be an issue at the 12 - 16 WPM CW I
          > am capable of.
          >
          > Here are more details on what I am seeing.
          >
          > Receiver functions normally.
          >
          > Transmit on USB, LSB, DSB and AM modes appear normal.
          > Transmit on CWU or CWL with iambic enables results in motorboating at ~ 1
          > Hz with maximum power output, with or without the paddles connected.
          > Transmit on CWU or CWL with iambic disabled results in a steady transmitted
          > signal, like tune, but at maxium power.
          > Tune function works normal.
          >
          > All tests during Ensemble kit construction were ok but I am going to look
          > again at the circuit around the keying jack. I have assembled the whole
          > series of Softrock kits and never encountered a problem like this.
          >
          > Any more suggestions will definitely be welcome.
          >
          > 73, VA6TJ
          >
          > --
          > Earl Rubin
          > Water Valley AB