Re: query on transmit setup

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 5, 2013
      I believe that to work CW with PSDR you will need to
      connect your Keying into the program via a serial port.
      Some latency problems might be evident. The USB2SDR
      sound card is supported and has keying inputs that
      are relatively free from latency problems
      Regards 73 Eric VK5ZAG SK

      --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Earl" <earl.rubin@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I have not been active with the program for a while and am experiencing difficulty with set up. Probably trivial but I can't find it.
      >
      > I have power sdr-iq v1.12.20 running under XP with a Delta 44 sound card (ASIO). I am using it with a 20m softrock Ensemble. The radio works fine T&R under WSPR.
      >
      > I want to try 20m & 30m CW and have connected my paddles. Receive works fine however if I enable break in or hit the MOX key the transmitter goes into slow oscillation with a kind of "whoop whoop". There is RF output.
      >
      > Unchecking the break-in enabled box puts me back into receive.
      >
      > Delta 44 connections
      >
      > OUT
      > 1 amplified speaker
      > 3,4 transmit IQ
      >
      > IN
      > 1,2 receive IQ
      >

      > Thanks in advance
      >
      > Earl VA6TJ

    • Earl Rubin
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 6, 2013
        Eric

        Thanks for your reply but I believe that the issue is not related to  latency, whcih  is not likely going to be an issue at the 12 - 16 WPM CW I am capable of.

        Here are more details on what I am seeing.

        Receiver functions normally.

        Transmit on USB, LSB, DSB and AM modes appear normal.
        Transmit on CWU or CWL with iambic enables results in motorboating at ~ 1 Hz with maximum power output, with or without the paddles connected.
        Transmit on CWU or CWL with iambic disabled results in a steady transmitted signal, like tune, but at maxium power.
        Tune function works normal.

        All tests during Ensemble kit construction were ok but I am going to look again at the circuit around the keying jack.  I have assembled  the whole series of Softrock kits and never encountered a problem like this.

        Any more suggestions will definitely be welcome.

        73, VA6TJ

        --
        Earl Rubin
        Water Valley AB
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2013
          Earl

          I don't think the problem is in your construction. I am experiencing the same thing. The voltages on pin 1 and 6 of the PIC are fine but still the dash is on when selecting cw.  I think the issue is in psdr-iq.

          Ken VA3SK

          -- Sent from my HP TouchPad

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 6, 2013
            Keying the key input jack to the softrock does not tell PSDR that
            you are transmitting. When running PSDR you must key the softrock
            through PSDR via a serial com port. Setup/DSP/Keying. Your key
            connects to the COM port and you key PSDR which in turn keys the
            softrock.

            Regards 73 Eric VK5ZAG

            --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, Earl Rubin <earl.rubin@...> wrote:

            > Eric
            >
            > Thanks for your reply but I believe that the issue is not related to
            > latency, whcih is not likely going to be an issue at the 12 - 16 WPM CW I
            > am capable of.
            >
            > Here are more details on what I am seeing.
            >
            > Receiver functions normally.
            >
            > Transmit on USB, LSB, DSB and AM modes appear normal.
            > Transmit on CWU or CWL with iambic enables results in motorboating at ~ 1
            > Hz with maximum power output, with or without the paddles connected.
            > Transmit on CWU or CWL with iambic disabled results in a steady transmitted
            > signal, like tune, but at maxium power.
            > Tune function works normal.
            >
            > All tests during Ensemble kit construction were ok but I am going to look
            > again at the circuit around the keying jack. I have assembled the whole
            > series of Softrock kits and never encountered a problem like this.
            >
            > Any more suggestions will definitely be welcome.
            >
            > 73, VA6TJ
            >
            > --
            > Earl Rubin
            > Water Valley AB