Re: Software setup

    Message 1 of 7 , May 7, 2013
      The X-Fi is not supported but is a good card for RX only
      bearing in mind that it will only be effective for 48KHz
      because of an inbuilt LPFilter. Also there will be high latency.
      In order to have Cat control you will need to set up virtual com
      ports on the PC that PSDR runs on. However PSDR-IQ will not
      take control of an FT990. It will only control the flex Radio
      systems and a Sis570 in a softrock through a USB port using the
      correct driver. The Softrock lite does not have a Sis570 VFO
      or a USB control as it is crystal locked.

      One sets up the PSDR_IQ in IF mode for the purpose of using the
      panoramic display etc. Rig control will need to be with another
      program via your existing com port.

      Regards 73 Eric VK5ZAG

      --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "ve3tmt" <ve3tmt@...> wrote:

      > Hi group,
      >
      > Just dabbling with the software and have a few observations/questions. Setup is a Softrock Lite II tapped on the 455 KHz IF of my Yaesu FT990. Sound card is a Creative Labs X-FI PCI card.
      >
      > I do not see this sound card listed in the setup. Is it not supported?
      >
      > I tried to set up CAT control of the 990, COM3 4800 N 2 but it will not recognize the radio.
      >
      > Any suggestions?
      >
      > Max

    • Albert Gerheim
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8, 2013
        See http://k1qn.info/OneCardDigitalRevised.pdf  It may be helpful.  Many painful hours of trial and error condensed and distilled.

        :-)

        --
        Al Gerheim
        Adopt a Homeless Pet
        Message 3 of 7 , May 14, 2013
          What causes the latency? I just upgraded to a duo-core PC with 8G of RAM and the latency did not get any better from my single core with 2G of RAM. Not as much CPU load, but latency still there.

          Max

          --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "ericwd9" <ericwd9@...> wrote:

          > The X-Fi is not supported but is a good card for RX only
          > bearing in mind that it will only be effective for 48KHz
          > because of an inbuilt LPFilter. Also there will be high latency.
          > In order to have Cat control you will need to set up virtual com
          > ports on the PC that PSDR runs on. However PSDR-IQ will not
          > take control of an FT990. It will only control the flex Radio
          > systems and a Sis570 in a softrock through a USB port using the
          > correct driver. The Softrock lite does not have a Sis570 VFO
          > or a USB control as it is crystal locked.
          >
          > One sets up the PSDR_IQ in IF mode for the purpose of using the
          > panoramic display etc. Rig control will need to be with another
          > program via your existing com port.
          >
          > Regards 73 Eric VK5ZAG
          >
          > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "ve3tmt" <ve3tmt@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi group,
          > >
          > > Just dabbling with the software and have a few observations/questions. Setup is a Softrock Lite II tapped on the 455 KHz IF of my Yaesu FT990. Sound card is a Creative Labs X-FI PCI card.
          > >
          > > I do not see this sound card listed in the setup. Is it not supported?
          > >
          > > I tried to set up CAT control of the 990, COM3 4800 N 2 but it will not recognize the radio.
          > >
          > > Any suggestions?
          > >
          > > Max

        • Jabct1aos
          Message 4 of 7 , May 14, 2013
            What kind of OSAre you using ?
            73

            Enviado de Samsung Mobile

            ve3tmt <ve3tmt@...> escreveu:

            What causes the latency? I just upgraded to a duo-core PC with 8G of RAM and the latency did not get any better from my single core with 2G of RAM. Not as much CPU load, but latency still there.

            Max

            --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "ericwd9" <ericwd9@...> wrote:

            > The X-Fi is not supported but is a good card for RX only
            > bearing in mind that it will only be effective for 48KHz
            > because of an inbuilt LPFilter. Also there will be high latency.
            > In order to have Cat control you will need to set up virtual com
            > ports on the PC that PSDR runs on. However PSDR-IQ will not
            > take control of an FT990. It will only control the flex Radio
            > systems and a Sis570 in a softrock through a USB port using the
            > correct driver. The Softrock lite does not have a Sis570 VFO
            > or a USB control as it is crystal locked.
            >
            > One sets up the PSDR_IQ in IF mode for the purpose of using the
            > panoramic display etc. Rig control will need to be with another
            > program via your existing com port.
            >
            > Regards 73 Eric VK5ZAG
            >
            > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "ve3tmt" <ve3tmt@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi group,
            > >
            > > Just dabbling with the software and have a few observations/questions. Setup is a Softrock Lite II tapped on the 455 KHz IF of my Yaesu FT990. Sound card is a Creative Labs X-FI PCI card.
            > >
            > > I do not see this sound card listed in the setup. Is it not supported?
            > >
            > > I tried to set up CAT control of the 990, COM3 4800 N 2 but it will not recognize the radio.
            > >
            > > Any suggestions?
            > >
            > > Max

          • Albert Gerheim
            Message 5 of 7 , May 14, 2013
              Fool with the sampling rates.  That's all I can tell you.  The audio gets backed up.  The rest is silence.

              --
              Al Gerheim
              Adopt a Homeless Pet
              Message 6 of 7 , May 16, 2013
                The latency is largely caused by the way Micr$oft Windoze
                handles sound. Suported Cards using ASIO drivers that bypass
                the Windoze sound routines eg FA-66 Delta 44 avoid some
                of these problems. Christos's USB2SDR has negligible latency,
                supports transmit "mike in", CW keying and Hz control of
                an Sis570 VFO as used in the ensemble etc. Also reducing
                the load on the CPU by limiting the display characteristics can
                help.

                Regards 73 Eric VK5ZAG