PowerSDR-IQ Software and Computer Resources.

  • Wm Marvin
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2013
      Hi Group. I am using a PMSDR radio with a SB EMU-0202 Soundcard. My computer is a dedicated HP Tower 2.1 GHz running XP SP3. I got the PMSDR to work with PowerSDR V1.12.20/.23 but here is the problem.

      I need to free up computer resources running in the backround preventing me from using the 96 KHz/192 KHz sample rates. My computer is just used for SDR and simple audio software. I'm not using Virus Software.

      What are the main resources that can be stopped/removed that will reduce available resources??

      Best DX

      Bill KB9IV
    • Chris Wilson
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2013

        > Hi Group. I am using a PMSDR radio with a SB EMU-0202 Soundcard. My
        > computer is a dedicated HP Tower 2.1 GHz running XP SP3. I got the
        > PMSDR to work with PowerSDR V1.12.20/.23 but here is the problem.

        > I need to free up computer resources running in the backround
        > preventing me from using the 96 KHz/192 KHz sample rates. My
        > computer is just used for SDR and simple audio software. I'm not using Virus Software.

        > What are the main resources that can be stopped/removed that will reduce available resources??

        > Best DX

        > Bill KB9IV

        10/04/2013 08:18

        My Computer - Properties - Advanced - Performance - Settings -
        De-select all the tick boxes. This will minimize CPU loading at the expense
        of trivial gizmos being inoperative in Windows. I run most of my PC's
        like this as I neither need nor want the "glitter". Hope that helps
        Bill.

        --
        Best Regards,
        Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10, 2013

          Or use the freeware Gboost which was promoted by Flex 2 (?) years ago

          73

          Arnaud

          F6BZG

          Strasbourg - France