kx3 and psdr 2.5.3 off frequency?

  • ve1kco
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 1:15 PM
      Hi all

      have followed all the steps in setting up the kx3 with psdr, using the pdf instructions. I am finding that the if a station is on 18.1450 usb running just the kx3. when using psdr I have to tune to 18.1432 usb to hear that same station. any ideas?

      thanks
      Corey
      ve1kco
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2 2:07 PM
        Nope, you didnt follwed all the steps.
        Look again at the RX SHFT (which is a locked menu item) and bear in mind also that it is band-specific so it has to be done for all bands.

        (Just in case you did that RXSHFT, have a look at the I/Q cable that you use, it might reverse the channels..)

        --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "ve1kco" <F_disker@...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > have followed all the steps in setting up the kx3 with psdr, using the pdf instructions. I am finding that the if a station is on 18.1450 usb running just the kx3. when using psdr I have to tune to 18.1432 usb to hear that same station. any ideas?
        >
        > thanks
        > Corey
        > ve1kco

      • Robert Steele
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2 2:28 PM
          I think that perhaps if you look at the bottom Right corner of PSDR you will
          see a window for the CW offset, this may be causing you difference in
          tuning. I found this to be the case when I was working cw.

          Bob

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2 6:47 PM
            thanks for all your help, When I loaded psdr I didnt notice that the SR button was on and that created the off frequency I was hearning.

            thanks
            Corey