Re: Can I use PowerSDR-IQ with my present hardware??

  • k4nyy
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27 6:16 AM
      Hi Martin,

      Thanks for your comments. In an email message with Christos, he explained to me that PowerSDR-IQ was not designed to be used as an "IF Reader", and would probably not be suitable to work with my present hardware.

      My only problem with my present hardware and PopwerSDR\IF Stage
      software is that I have great difficulty tuning my TS-940A with the radio's VFO knob caused by a lack of feeling in my hands and fingers due to a condition called Peripheral Neuropathy. I have read about the FlexControl USB Controlled Tuning Knob used with PowerSDR 2.5.3 for Flex Radios. It sounds as if it could work for me. Unfortunately, Scott and Chad have not brought out any refinements or upgrades to PowerSDR\IF Stage since April 2010.

      So, I have been searching around for other developers of SDR software
      based on PowerSDR that could possible work for me with my present setup.

      I might convert to a Softrock Ensemble or a SI570 based FA-SDR like
      you did later down the road. My neuropathy makes kit building somewhat difficult. So, for now, I will stay with my present set up.

      73 Joe K4NYY