Re: [powersdr-iq] Newbie problems

  • Mike C
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 11, 2013
      I have the same sound card. I use the Emu 0202 for decoding receive only. Then I use my onboard sound card for the transmit. I've found that most of the problems that I had, went away when I used a separate sound card. The transmit sound card can be very basic. So there's no need to spend as much as the Receive sound card.

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 11, 2013
        Martin,

        What you mention as functionality that is not working is because you do not use a 'supported' card.

        PSDR version 2.x for the homebrew is only the 2.4.4
        -> http://code.google.com/p/powersdr-iq/downloads/detail?name=PowerSDRv2.4.4_for_Homemade_Rigs.zip

        --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, Martin <dm4im@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > my name is Martin, DM4IM. I m new to this group.
        >
        > Please push me in the right direction: I use a SI570 based FA-SDR by
        > DL2EWN, my Computer runs Win7 32bit and has a onboard soundcard (MME
        > drivers).
        > For RX/TX i use a e-mu 0202 and Asio drivers.
        >
        > The software i try to get to run is PowerSDR 2.0 SV1EIA, but i also
        > tried PSDR 2.35, 2.44, 2.53.
        >
        > I can transmit and receive, but:
        >
        > VOX enabled, but wont work
        > TUN only works if VAC is off.
        > The MIC slider has no effect.
        > The AF slider only effects a headphone plugged into the e-mu.
        >
        > When i transmit, the headphone is not muted even when MON is off.
        >
        > In Setup -> Audio RECEIVE and TRANSMIT are greyed out.
        >
        > Anyone solved these things?
        > Thank you.
        >
        > BTW. What is puzzling me: I tried a USB-stick for Headphone/Mic.
        > This seems to solve some problems ( e.g. Headphone muted, MON works)
        > but adds a lot delay, so is not the way i want to go.
        >
        > Primary:
        > Asio driver, Input e-mu, output e-mu, no Mixer,
        >
        > VAC:
        > MME Driver, input Microfone(Via HD Audio), output Headphone (Via HD Audio)
        >

        > --
        >
        > Ohne CW ist es nur CB..
        >
        > 73, Martin DM4iM

      • Martin
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 11, 2013
          Christos, thanks so far.

          I went to 2.44 for homebrew rigs. Seems to solve some of the problems.
          Are there supported cards with 192khz sample rate? I would hate to loose
          the performance of my e-mu.

          --

          Ohne CW ist es nur CB..

          73, Martin DM4iM
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 11, 2013
            Read as available on this site if you look:
            The USB2SDR is a 192KHz card.
            Sound cards using windoze sound handling WILL have
            high latency/delay. Cards that have ASIO drivers
            have less latency. The USB2SDR is a USB, 192 KHz fully
            supported card with very low latency and the addition
            of PTT, CW keying facilities and Sis570 control, thus
            needing only one connection to the PC.

            Regards 73 Eric VK5ZAG

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 11, 2013
              Martin,

              Have a read on the recent discussion here
              -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersdr-iq/message/2764