Re: PowerSDR v2.4.4 for Homemade Rigs and UHFSDR

  • tony_g3ovh
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 10, 2013
      Hi Ignacio and Christos

      Thank you - I set up the XVTR page to use button 3 on VHF 70.0 to 70.5 with zero IF.
      Works a treat. I should have guessed that it might me that simple ;-)
      I hope anyone else watching this thread has learnt something as well.

      best 73's
      Tony

      --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "eb4apl" <eb4apl@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > The BandText section of the XML file only affects the display, it doesn't allow to transmit in out-of-band frequencies. This is hard coded in the program due to some US FCC ideas regarding SDR's.
      >
      > But there is a trick that works (at least on older PowerSDR versions, I didn't tested it in the current one): configure the system using a transverter definition with a 0 Hz local oscillator, it worked for me very well.
      >
      > 73 de Ignacio EB4APL
      >

      > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "tony_g3ovh" <tabbey01@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Christos
      > >
      > > Thanks for the link. Interestingly, I had already worked that out for myself, so I also get the correct indications on the tuning instead of "out of band". However, as I said in my last post, it still wont transmit - there must be another Tx prevention mechanism yet to be discovered. Maybe I have to experiment with the transverter settings, since PowerSDR doesnt expect to be able to use VHF without one.
      > >
      > > Tony
      > >

      > > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "sv1eia" <sv1eia@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Tony,
      > > >
      > > > I have not done so, yet you could give it a try
      > > >
      > > > -> http://www.geekshed.co.uk/adding-70mhz-4m-allocation-to-flex-powersdr/
      > > >
      > > > 73,
      > > > Christos SV1EIA

    • ab2zt
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 10 4:21 PM
        Hi Tony,
        I am trying to setup my UHFSDR with QRP2000 (minus the si570). I am able to set the freq correctly by using CFGSDR and the SI570_USB_Test. But with PowerSDR 2.4.4 X2 the freq is being set to 16x the selected freq. I am not sure if I have the right firmware version on the ATTiny chip. What does CFGSDR report as 'connected to version'? Mine says V1.4. Do you see V15.15?
        Thanks, 73
        Venkat
        AB2ZT

      • tony_g3ovh
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 22 3:52 PM
          Hi Venkat

          I checked out CFGSDR on my kit - it reports USB Si570 connected
          Version V15.15
          Product DG8 SAQ-I2C
          Serial number PE0FK0-0

          Tony