Re: [powersdr-iq] Re: Need new sound card?

  • John Williams
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2013
      Creative has the refurbed Soundblaster XFi 5.1 pro on their web site for $34.99 with free shipping. I bought one and am very happy with it on WinXP.

      John - ke5ssh
      On 3/8/2013 9:35 AM, bxyza wrote:

      Gary,

      I use the iMic USB sound card on my XP machine, both ports work fine in XP. The Windows 7 32 Bit PC I have works with the iMic stereo Mic from the Softrock to the Microphone in but not stereo speakers out. I only paid $20.00 on Flea Bay for it and seems to work well.
      73
      KD8IGK
      Bill

      --

      John Williams

      KE5SSH - ham since 2007
      WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2013
        Please note: That in order to transmit and receive/TX external
        audio "mike/SPKR" either 2 sound cards are needed or a 4in 4 out
        card. If the internal card has died then you will need to add 4 inputs and 4 outputs for full operation. It is also very
        advantageous to have a "supported" card if you are to use
        PSDR IQ since only then will all of the available assets of
        PSDR be available. Also "sound cards" used though windoze use
        a lot of CPU. When 2 are used this is compounded. Also some
        cards WILL have driver conflicts when more than one are used.
        That being said: the XFi SB is a good card for one in one out.
        Though it has 96KHz it also has a LPF which limits it somewhat.
        I have two versions of USB and a PCI XFi pro here (PCI unused)
        all available for $10.00 + post. Also I have about 12 other
        one in one out PCI cards that are to go into the trash.
        Best Regards to all 73 VK5ZAG